Driveways & Approaches

Before adding or changing the entrance to your property be aware of what you can and can’t do. Read the Residential Approaches & County Right-of-Way information sheet.

Rocky View County allows property owners to establish new driveway approaches or entrances, or to modify existing ones so residents can park on their own property. Landowners must obtain permission from the County’s Infrastructure and Operations department to:

  • Build a driveway on their property
  • Install a new driveway or approach
  • Widen an existing driveway or approach

For driveways and approaches that are not part of a subdivision request, please submit a Road Approach Application Form (PDF). The completed application form can be returned to:


Rocky View County
262075 Rocky View Point
Rocky View County, AB, T4A 0X2
Attention: Operations Department

All new and upgraded approaches locations must be inspected by the County in advance and at the completion stage to ensure that municipal standards are followed. Current policy is to respond to inspection requests within 72 hours.


Road Operations

Road Updates

Visit the road updates page for timely information on construction, maintenance, snowfall, flooding, or other issues currently affecting County roads.