Rocky View County provides drinking water service in East Balzac, Bragg Creek, and Elkana. Water for the East Balzac area comes from the Bow River via the Western Irrigation District system while water for Bragg Creek comes from the Elbow River.

Water service in all other areas is provided by more than 70 private and co-operative water systems and suppliers, or by private ground water wells.

Groundwater and water wells are regulated and protected under the guidance of the Government of Alberta. Owners of private wells are responsible for managing and maintaining their own water supply.

Certification of the water system by the Fire Underwriters Survey (FUS).

Report a Problem

  • Bragg Creek, Cambridge Estates, Conrich, East Balzac, Elkana Estates, Monterra, Watermark at Bearspaw (and adjacent communities previously served by Blazer Water Systems): Contact Rocky View County at 403-230-1401
  • For all other areas within Rocky View County, please contact the utility provider for that area.

Water Meter Replacement/Maintenance

Email your request to



Water Allocation Licences

Water licences and traditional agricultural registrations are managed and issued by Alberta Environment and Parks. Licence and registration information.