COVID-19 Response Information

County Hall is open to the public, however we are taking a phased approach to relaxing COVID-19 protocols in County facilities and therefore effective Monday, July 5, several safety processes will remain until September 7:

  • Masking will be encouraged for staff and visitors, but optional when 2 metres of physical distancing can be maintained. In instances where physical distancing cannot be maintained, masking continues to be recommended.
  • COVID-19 protocols like enhanced cleaning and social distancing continue to be in place.
  • Visitors are asked to follow signage and on-site instructions.

In-person services are available for front counter, tax payments, building, planning, and meetings, however we continue to encourage our customers to use the website, email, and telephone to interact with us or to book an appointment. Contact your service department directly, call 403-230-1401, or email

We will adjust our plans as necessary to ensure the safety of our staff, residents, and visitors to our facilities, and provide appropriate updates relating to Rocky View County and our facilities.

Council / Boards & Committees

Council meetings and public hearings will continue to be held via video conference until September, in accordance with the Meeting Procedures (Covid-19 Suppression) Regulation.

Members of the public will not be permitted into the Council Chambers to attend or participate in meetings and hearings until September, when Council meetings will return to in-person attendance.

Planning & Development

Development permit applications are encouraged to be made by email at

Visit the Development Permits section for more information on the permitting process.


Recreation-focused facilities located throughout Rocky View County fall under provincial guidelines and public health measures.

Please check with facilities directly regarding their specific operational and program details and updates.

Updates regarding provincial parks are available at Alberta Parks.

Links & Resources

  • Government of Alberta
    Information on public health orders, COVID-19 cases, updates from the Chief Medical Officer and financial support. Emergency funding for charities and not-for-profits organizations to support their COVID-19 response.​
  • Government of Canada
    COVID-19 updates and announcements, information on travel advisories, Canadian borders, economic and financial support.
  • Alberta Biz Connect
    Workplace guidance and supports to help businesses and non-profits affected by COVID-19 reopen and resume operations safely.
  • Information Posters and Fact Sheets
    Posters and documents to support awareness and actions that can be taken to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in Alberta.


Need to get in touch with us? Please call our main phone number at 403-230-1401 and your request or question will be passed on to the appropriate department.