Rocky View County owns and operates three cemeteries located within the County. Our cemeteries are a sacred place where history is kept that remind us of our past, present, and future.
Each cemetery offers a unique experience, and we encourage and welcome visitors at any of our cemeteries from sunrise to sunset, seven days a week.
The Cemetery Administration Office is located at the Rocky View Garden of Peace Cemetery, and the dedicated staff would be honored to assist your family with Pre-Need Planning, At-Need Services and a range of Memorial Markers and Monuments for any of our locations.
The administration office hours of operation are Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., and is closed Saturdays, Sundays, and statutory holidays.
Appointments are highly recommended and can be made by calling 403.285.0660 or emailing email@example.com.
Rocky View Garden of Peace Cemetery
The Rocky view Garden of Peace Cemetery is located on a serene expanse of 30 acres of land, featuring beautiful floral gardens, shrubs, and mature trees. Our dedicated staff work year-round to keep the cemetery a sacred place to honor the spirit and memory of loved ones that will continue for generations to come.
This cemetery is ideally located two kilometres east of the Calgary city limits, at the corner of Highway 1 (Trans-Canada Highway) and Garden Road NE (100 Street NE). (view map)
We offer a range of options at this location including:
- Full Size Plots that can accommodate up to two caskets and four urns.
- In-Ground Cremation Plots that can accommodate up to four urns.
- Plots that can accommodate Upright Monuments or Flat Markers.
- Field of Honour for veterans and their spouses.
- Above Ground Columbarium Niches that can accommodate one to two urns, two to three urns.
- A beautiful Rose Garden for the scattering of cremated remains with a memorial name plaque wall.
- Dedicated gardens and sections to different religious affiliations, as well as a garden dedicated to pregnancy loss, infants, and children.
- The Rocky View Garden of Peace Cemetery also has a Chapel and Crematorium on site, which is operated by Choice Memorial Cremation & Funeral Services. Please contact them for more information on the variety of services they provide.
The rural Bottrel Cemetery is located one kilometre south of the Bottrel General Store, on a hill overlooking a beautiful valley. (view map)
Originally named the Westbrook Cemetery, it was developed at the turn of the century. The land was transferred to the County in 1963, from the Estate of the late John T. Boucher. The Cemetery holds many family members of the early settlers from the area. Of historical interest, there is a Civil War Veteran interred in the Cemetery.
The Bottrel Cemetery offers Full Size Plots that can accommodate one casket and up to four urns, as well as In-Ground Cremation Plots for up to four urns.
The rural Dalemead Cemetery is nestled in a thicket of bushes, at the top of a hill north of the Hamlet of Dalemead. (view map)
The Cemetery was established in the 1920s when the Hamlet was a bustling community. There is a cairn in the centre of the grounds memorializing the many early settlers buried there.
The Dalemead Cemetery offers Full Size Plots that can accommodate one casket and up to four urns as well as In-Ground Cremation Plots for up to four urns.