This location is a Transfer Site. Transfer sites are large areas that are designed to collect many different material types such as yard waste, garbage, e-waste, tires, and recycling. When household waste is dropped off, these sites require payment by cash or the Tag-a-Bag system.
The Irricana Transfer Site accepts household hazardous waste and agricultural recycling year round from residents. Farmers from neighbouring counties may now also drop off clean plastic grain bags and twine for recycling as part of the Alberta Ag Plastic. Recycle It! pilot program. For large loads, please call ahead.
West of Pioneer Acres Park
Corner of RR 264 and TWP RD 274
SW 28-27-26 W4M
403-935-4230 (during operating hours)
403-230-1401 (after hours)
- Wednesday: 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. (Rocky View County residents only)
- Saturday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Rocky View County residents and NOW OPEN to Irricana residents)
April 2020: Open regular hours. Please practice physical distancing and make essential trips only.
- Household garbage (1 tag-a-bag ticket per bag)
- Mixed paper
- Household plastics (must be clean, no styrofoam)
- Electronic waste
- Cell phones
- Clear glass (no ceramics, light bulbs, mirrors)
- Household hazardous waste
- Fluorescent light bulbs (residential)
- Grass and leaves (seasonal)
- Christmas trees
- Branches-less than 6 in. diameter (no stumps, these would be garbage)
- Used motor oil and containers (do not rinse containers)
- Gear oil, transmission fluid, hydraulic oil
- Oil filters
- Appliances (fridges, freezers, water coolers - a fee applies for Freon removal, see Master Rates Bylaw)
- Tires (rims removed)
- Automotive batteries
- Propane tanks
- Paint (list of eligible paints [PDF])
- Bunker bags, silage tarps, bale wrap (must be rolled)
- Wire (must be rolled and free of non metal items)
- Bale twine (must be free of debris and in clear bags)
- Obsolete agricultural pesticides
- Empty agricultural pesticide containers (must be triple rinsed)
Visit the fees page for a full list of garbage & recycling fees.
Closed until further notice.
The transfer site cannot accept large amounts of renovation and construction materials at this time. It is the responsibility of the home owner to transport this material to an appropriate facility.