This location is a Transfer Site. Transfer sites are large areas that are designed to collect many different material types such as yard waste, garbage, e-waste, tires, and recycling. When household waste is dropped off, these sites require payment by cash or the Tag-a-Bag system.
505 Railway Ave, Langdon
403-936-3649 (during operating hours)
403-230-1401 (after hours)
Wednesday: 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Household garbage (1 tag-a-bag ticket per bag)
- Mixed paper
- Clear glass (no ceramics, light bulbs, mirrors)
- Household hazardous waste
- Fluorescent light bulbs (residential)
- Automotive batteries
- Electronic waste
- Used clothing
- Appliances (fridges, freezers and water coolers - a fee applies for Freon removal, see Master Rates Bylaw)
- Grass and leaves (seasonal)
- Christmas trees (seasonal)
- Branches-less than 6 in. diameter (no stumps, these would be garbage)
- Cell phones
- Propane tanks
- Household plastics (must be clean, no styrofoam)
- Used motor oil and containers (do not rinse containers)
- Gear oil, hydraulic oil, transmission fluid
- Oil filters
- Paint (list of eligible paints [PDF])
- Tires (rims removed)
- Bunker bags, silage tarps, bale wrap (must be rolled)
- Wire (must be rolled and free of non metal items)
- Bale twine (must be free of debris and in clear bags)
- Obsolete agricultural pesticides
- Empty agricultural pesticide containers (must be triple rinsed)
Visit the fees page for a full list of garbage & recycling fees.
Rocky View County has teamed up with Diabetes Canada to collect unwanted textiles and small household items in the donation shed located on site—items such as clothing and linens, housewares, books, toys, and knick-knacks.
Residents are asked to package hard items, such as plates, small appliances, and toys in boxes before bringing them to the donation shed; all other items may be packaged in plastic bags or boxes.
The transfer site cannot accept large amounts of renovation and construction materials at this time. It is the responsibility of the home owner to transport this material to an appropriate facility.