On December 14, 2021, Council gave direction to revisit the draft Springbank Area Structure Plans (ASP) and to undertake further community engagement to help inform revisions to the plans.
Refinements will ensure that the draft plans better align with community opinion and with regional planning policy.
The County provided multiple engagement opportunities during the spring to receive feedback on improving the draft ASPs. The engagement opportunities included an open house, virtual coffee chat sessions, and an online survey.
The following Engagement Summary provides an overview of what we heard.
The project team is preparing revisions to the draft plans with consideration of the feedback outlined in the Engagement Summary and regional planning policy. Once the revised draft ASP(s) are finalized, we will hold a further engagement prior to a public hearing.
Draft Plans granted second reading by Council and referred to the CMRB are listed below:
The technical assessments that support implementation of the Area Structure Plans are complete and include:
The plan will be prepared in the following phases:
Phase 1 – 4 as set out in the Terms of Reference are complete. Please see link below for details.
Phase 5 – Plan Refinement (Current)
December 2021 – TBD
- Administration presented an update report to Council. Council approved a Revised Terms of Reference (PDF) for the project – December 14, 2021
- Engagement on currents drafts – March through May, 2022
- Adoption of Regional Growth Plan – August 15, 2022
- Update to Council on implications of Regional Growth Plan – September 13, 2022
Administration will undertake further work to refine the current draft plans and engage relevant stakeholders, prior to returning to Council for a Public Hearing.
For materials published during Phases 1 to 4, including previous iterations of the ASP(s), engagement reports, and open house materials, please contact the project team.
A new Springbank Area Structure Plan will ensure we have an up-to-date plan that aligns with other plans, policies, and studies that have been adopted since the original Springbank plans were completed. Please visit the links below to review these related plans, policies, and studies:
View a map of the Study Area (PDF)
There are several ways to get involved or receive updates on the project:
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 403.230.1401 for questions, updates or further information.
- Fill in the form below and we will send you regular email updates.
- Follow the project on this webpage. We will post updates and upcoming events.