Beginning January 2023, dog licence fees will be reimplemented. Further details will be provided on this page, through your annual licence notice, and other communications methods.

All dogs over three months of age and living in Rocky View County must be licensed. Although licences do not expire, they do renew on an annual basis. It is important that your correct contact information is in our records. Licensing your dog and keeping your contact information up to date helps us reunite you with your dog in the event it becomes lost and is found by someone else.

You can update your phone number, email address, municipal or mailing address, or dog ownership status at any time, by emailing or calling 403-230-1401.

Requesting a Licence or Replacement Tag

To request a dog licence, complete and return a dog licence application form (PDF) to the County in person, by email, or mail using the contact information below.

It’s important that your dog always wears its tag so your pet can be reunited with you if it is found by someone else. If your dog's tag is lost or becomes illegible, you can request a replacement tag by emailing or calling 403-230-1401.

  • In person: Visit the County Hall from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
  • By email: Email the completed application form (PDF) to
  • By mail: Mail the completed application form (PDF) to:

    Rocky View County Dog Licensing
    262075 Rocky View Point
    Rocky View County, AB
    T4A 0X2


The fine for an unlicensed dog in the County is $150. Falsifying information on your licence application carries a fine of $500.

Additional Information


T: 403.230.1401
F: 403.277.6601

Other Animals

The Livestock & Animals page provides answers to commonly asked questions regarding keeping pets, livestock or poultry on your property.

For information regarding wildlife, living with wildlife and damage control programs, visit

Report an Issue

Use the Report an Issue form to notify us about stray livestock, lost & found pets, unsightly premises, traffic-related concerns, or other issues related to bylaw enforcement.