If you have a complex application and are looking to receive formal comments from Planning & Development and/or other departments, we offer pre-application meetings for both Planning and Development applications such as Subdivision, Redesignation, and Development Permits.
Please note, pre-application meetings cost $250 and are booked for 1 hour. As of April 4, 2023 we can offer discounts up to $500 on planning application fees if a pre-application meeting has been attended for the subject proposal.
To increase the quality of information that you receive and streamline the booking process, we ask in return that applicants provide us with the following:
- Location and context of all parcels involved
- A cover letter detailing your proposal
- A meeting agenda with your topics of discussion and questions
- Figures and maps outlining the proposal, and any supporting documents
- Outline which County departments you would like present at the pre-application meeting (i.e. Planning, Development, Engineering, etc,)
- Please note, pre-application meetings are booked for 1 hour
To book a pre-application meeting, please email your complete pre-application meeting package to email@example.com and we will contact you to arrange payment & scheduling.
If you have any questions on this process, call us at 403-230-1401 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also call us at 403-230-1401 or email us at email@example.com to connect with a member of the Planning and Development department.
Some of the information we need to answer your inquiry is: your name, phone number, email, property address, nature of the inquiry, and a Development Permit or Planning file number (if applicable).