Your Property Tax Notice
In addition to your assessment information, you will see two tax sections on your notice:
The section on the left is Municipal Taxes. These tax amounts are set by Rocky View County Council. They include:
- Municipal Levy: Generates the annual revenue required to support delivery of County services.
- Emergency Services: Generates the annual revenue required to support delivery of emergency services.
- Provincial Policing: Generates the annual revenue required to support the provincial policing strategy.
Langdon residents will also see:
- Langdon Special Tax Levy: Generates revenue to support recreational services in the hamlet of Langdon. Only properties within Langdon are subject to this tax.
School Taxes / Other Requisitions
The section on the right side is School Taxes / Other Requisitions. These tax amounts are set by the Province of Alberta, the Calgary Roman Catholic Separate School Authority, and the Rocky View Seniors’ Foundation. They include:
- Rocky View Foundation: Generates the amount of annual revenue required to support the annual requisition from the Seniors Foundation.
- School/Education: Generates revenue to support the annual requisition from the Government of Alberta. The Province sets the education tax rates on behalf of the Alberta School Foundation Fund (ASFF) and Roman Catholic School District (RCSD).
Property owners currently enrolled in the Tax Installment Payment Plan (TIPP), do not have to make any payments over and above those that are automatically withdrawn from their bank account on a monthly basis. TIPP information is available on the bottom right hand corner of your tax notice if applicable.