Paying Your Property Taxes

There are several options for paying your County taxes:


Create an online account at myRockyView, where you can view tax balances, tax and assessment history, property information, and pay property taxes online. Visit myRockyView to sign up and get started.

Please contact the Tax department at or 403-230-1401 if you need help setting up an account.

Tax Installment Payment Plan (TIPP)

The Tax Installment Payment Plan (TIPP) provides property owners with the opportunity to make 12 consecutive monthly property tax payments instead of a single, annual payment. Payments can only be made by automatic withdrawals from a bank account.

In Person

You can make payments in person at the County Hall between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.

  • Please bring your entire tax notice.
  • Interac payments are accepted. Check with your financial institution to ensure your transaction limit is sufficient.
  • Credit cards are not accepted for payment.

There is an after-hours drop box available, for payments by cheque.

By Mail

Send payments to:

Rocky View County Taxation
262075 Rocky View Point
Rocky View County, AB
T4A 0X2

Please make your cheque or money order payable to "Rocky View County." Payments submitted by mail must be clearly postmarked by Canada Post on or before June 30. Cheques can be postdated if you are mailing early, but postmarked by Canada Post no later than June 30.

Clearly mark the tax roll number on the front of all cheques to ensure payments are applied toward the correct tax roll account. The roll number is located in the box on the top right-hand side of your notice.

Online Banking

You can make this payment through your online banking. You would need to add us as a payee; the payee name will be "Rocky View County – Taxes". Your Tax Roll Number would be the account number. Remember to allow several days for processing the payment to avoid late fees.

When making a payment online, confirmation from your bank is your receipt. No further receipt is issued by Rocky View County.

The tax roll number is unique to each property. If you have recently moved, the tax roll number will be different than on your previous property.

Should you own multiple properties, payments made through internet banking must be designated to each tax roll number. Please note that if payments are made for multiple properties in a lump sum, an administrative fee will be charged to correct the distribution of the payment.

Telephone Banking

Contact your financial institution for information and details on how to set up your payment. Please retain all confirmation numbers and documentation through telephone or internet banking and allow 2-3 business days processing time.

Financial Institutions

Chartered banks and credit unions will accept payment. Your tax notice is required when paying in person.

Through Your Mortgage Company

If you are paying P.I.T. (principal, interest and taxes) to your mortgage company, check the “Copies Sent To” box on your Tax Notice to be sure your mortgage company is listed. If the company is not listed, contact them immediately.

Seniors Deferral Program

The Seniors Property Tax Deferral Program (SPTDP) allows eligible senior homeowners to defer all or part of their property taxes through a low-interest home equity loan with the Alberta government. Visit the Alberta Seniors Services website for details.


Tax Department
T: 403.230.1401
F: 403.276.5372