2019 Spring Road Bans
March 18 to June 3, 2019
These dates are subject to change based on weather and road conditions. Updates will be posted here as necessary.
During the ban period, the following restrictions apply to commercial and heavy vehicles:
- 90% on paved and gravel roads
- 75% on chip-sealed and oil-surfaced roads
- 50% on roads where conditions warrant
Road bans help extend the life span of the County’s roads, making them safer for motorists and reducing road repair costs. Bans are periodically needed during times of construction and maintenance, and annually during the spring thaw when frost movement can damage roads more easily.
County enforcement officials enforce road ban compliance via spot checks carried out across the County. Passenger and recreational vehicles are exempt from road bans.
- Agricultural operators may apply for an annual Agricultural Permit by calling 403.230.1401.
- For all other permits, Rocky View County uses Road Data Services as a permitting agent. Please call 1.888.830.7623 for permits.
- All special approvals, such as heavy hauls or travel on banned roads, require a minimum of three business days for permit approval.
Road Surface Types
View this map (PDF) for a detailed look at the road surface types in the County.