2022 Meeting Dates
- January 19
- March 31
- May 26
- September 21
- December 1
Meeting agendas and minutes are available on our Meetings & Hearings web page.
The mission of Rocky View County's Agricultural Service Board is to act as an advisory body to Council on agricultural matters affecting residents, while promoting and developing agricultural polices to meet the needs of the municipality.
The Agricultural Service Board Act provides:
- for the establishment and operation of Agricultural Service Boards throughout the province of Alberta
- a province-wide infrastructure for the delivery of weed control, disease and pest management, as well as soil and water conservation programs and services
- financial incentives and technical assistance to enable the administration and enforcement acts and the implementation of agricultural polices at the municipal level
- Three Councillors
- Four farm members
- Of the four farm members appointed, two members must reside west of Highway #2, and two east of Highway #2.
- All members also sit on the ALUS Partnership Advisory Committee.
- Appointments are for three-year terms and members may serve for a maximum of two consecutive terms.
- The Agricultural Service Board typically meets five times per year as determined by Council. Meetings are open to the public. The agenda is available upon request, seven days in advance of the meeting.