Choosing a type of interment for you or your loved one can be a difficult and stressful decision. Whether you choose traditional burial or cremation, Cemetery staff are available to assist and provide as much information as possible.
Traditional burials lots can accommodate up to two caskets and four urns. Plots are available to accommodate both flat/flush markers or upright monuments depending on the garden area.
As cremation is becoming a more popular choice, at Rocky View Garden of Peace Cemetery, we are proud to offer three types of interment options for cremated remains.
- Burials: Cremation lots are available in two size options, with plots available for up to two urns for and also for up to four urns.
- Scatterings: The scattering of cremated remains can be an economical alternative to a traditional burial. Scattering is available in the Rose Garden at the Rocky View Garden of Peace Cemetery. Cremated remains will be scattered around beautifully maintained flowers and plants. The garden also contains a memorial plaques wall where name plates can be displayed to memorialize loved ones.
- Columbarium: Columbariums are above ground structures made of granite. Urns containing the cremated remains are sealed into the niches and bronze plaques are added. We have eight different columbariums in the Rocky View Garden of Peace Cemetery with niches that are able to hold one to two urns, or two to three urns.
Designated Gardens and Sections
The Rocky View Garden of Peace Cemetery provides a number of lots and sections that celebrate a range of cultures, traditions, and religions.
- Field of Honour: This garden is reserved for veterans and their spouses. The lots provided are at a reduced cost, and proof of service is required for purchase in this garden. Contact Veteran Affairs Canada to receive proof of service.
- Precious Treasures Infant/Child Garden: Smaller flat marker lots for infants and children.
- Silent Hopes Scatter Garden: Our cemetery staff works with Foothills Hospital to provide families a place to grieve and remember those lost in pregnancies that did not make it to term. A memorial service is held two times a year in the garden (The service is currently streamed online due to Covid-19 restrictions.)
Religious and Cultural Sections
In an effort to meet the diverse cultural needs of the surrounding communities, several religious and cultural sections are available including:
- Roman Catholic
- Muslim groups:
- Ismaili Muslim Community
- Afghan Shia Muslim Association
- Ahmadiyya Muslim Community
- Hussaini Muslim Association
- Anjuman-e-vajihi – Dawoodi Bohra Muslim
Whether you are pre-planning for yourself or purchasing for a loved one, the Rocky View Garden of Peace Cemetery allows the pre-need purchase of burial plots and memorial markers. Securing a final resting place provides piece of mind knowing that such arrangements are taken care of. Currently, the pre-purchase of interment fees (opening and closing fees) is not available.