Does the cemetery have religious and/or cultural sections?

Rocky View County cemeteries are non-denominational; however, we do offer a number of religious and cultural sections at the Garden of Peace. For example, there are Roman Catholic, Chinese, Muslim and other religious sections available. All residents, regardless of religious or cultural background are welcome to choose plots in any of these sections. There is also a Field of Honour reserved specifically for veterans and special sections for infants and children.

Does the cemetery allow pet burials?

Unfortunately, Rocky View County Cemetery Services are unable to assist with pet burials.

Are you allowed to disinter a family member or loved one?

Yes, this can be done upon request. For more information on re-sales of plots and disinterment, contact the cemetery office at 403.285.0660.

Does Cemetery Services help with flowers, food and other arrangements?

No, a licensed funeral director can assist with funeral service preparations and arrangements. Cemetery Service’s primary role is to provide interment options for ground burial and cremation.

The Garden of Peace does have a Chapel on site, which is leased by a local funeral home. The Chapel is available for booking and may be used for family services or receptions. Set up and clean-up will be provided; however, food is the responsibility of the organizer.

Does Cemetery Services arrange for cremation?

No. Please contact a licensed funeral home to arrange for cremation. Cemetery Services provides cremation interment options only. We offer several beautiful outdoor columbariums and a scattering place.

When should I contact a licensed funeral home?

Experiencing the death of a loved one can be a numbing and shocking experience, whether the death occurs unexpectedly or occurs after a long illness. In addition to contacting family and friends, one of your first phone calls should be to a licensed funeral home. Funeral homes provide expertise and guidance during a very difficult time. Among other things, funeral homes can help:

  • transport the body
  • obtain a death certificate
  • select a casket, urn and/or grave marker
  • arrange the funeral, memorial and/or burial service
  • prepare the obituary
  • help notify the deceased's employer, attorney, insurance company and banks
  • offer grief support or direct you to other resources

Can plot rights be re-sold?

Plot rights can be transferred to a family member or sold back to the cemetery. For more information, contact the cemetery office at 403.285.0660.

If cemetery arrangements have been preplanned, what do I do?

Contact the cemetery office where the arrangements were made. They will have all the information about the cemetery arrangements and will provide assistance and direction about the process.


Rocky View Cemeteries
T: 403.230.1401
F: 403.285.0246
243208 Garden Road NE
Calgary, AB T1X 1G2


View current lot fees, interment fees, marker/monument pricing and other service fees & options:

Cemetery Master Plan

A long term plan for the management and upkeep of Rocky View County's cemeteries.