Unsightly Premises

The Nuisance and Unsightly Property Bylaw applies to properties that do not meet the general condition and state of tidiness of the community. If a property is found to be below the community standards as set out in the bylaw, the land owner will be contacted and required to improve the appearance of the property within a reasonable amount of time.

Land Use

The County’s Land Use Bylaw regulates the use, conservation, and development of land, habitat, buildings, and signs. Answers to some common question regarding land use and properties are found at the link below.

Securing Your Home

The same reasons you enjoy living in the County’s rural atmosphere—remote location and few neighbors—also make your home or acreage attractive to criminals and vandals. When you're planning on being away from your home or acreage, there are simple and effective steps you can take to safeguard your property in your absence.


Enforcement Services
T: 403.230.1401
F: 403.230.7091

An Enforcement Officer is available Sunday through Saturday, from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Please call 403.230.1401

Call 911 for immediate emergency assistance such as fire, ambulance and police services.

Report an Issue

Use the Report an Issue form to notify us about stray livestock, lost & found pets, unsightly premises, traffic-related concerns, or other issues related to bylaw enforcement.

Rural Living

Rocky View County is largely a rural area. Learn about some important differences between rural and city living.