Rocky View County promotes responsible pet ownership through educating the public on animal related issues and enforcement of the County’s Animal Control Bylaw (PDF).
Residents are asked to do their part in ensuring their animals are healthy pets and companions.
- license and provide permanent identification
- spay or neuter pets
- provide training, physical care, socialization, vaccinations, and medical attention
- clean up after pets and remove pet waste from public areas
- do not allow pets to become a threat or nuisance within the community
Enforcement Services promotes the health and safety of people, pets and animals living together in Rocky View communities by:
- responding to public safety concerns involving an animal at large or one who may be jeopardizing the safety of the public
- picking up stray domestic animals that are lost; returning them to their owners or dropping them off at the local humane society