The Town of Irricana (20 km north of Keoma) is the nearest centre with a variety of recreational amenities. The hamlet of Delacour (about 15 km south of Keoma) has a golf club.
The County has nine electoral divisions, and a councillor represents each division.
If you don't want to take your garbage to a transfer site or chuckwagon, you can contact a private waste collection company for garbage pickup.
The Hamlet of Keoma made its first appearance in 1910, just as the Canadian Pacific rail line through Beiseker and Irricana was being completed. The name "Keoma" comes from an Indian name meaning "Far Away".
After the community’s first store and community hall burnt down, it was rebuilt with the help of a generous lumber yard and volunteers. The new structure, first used in 1925, stands today beside the ballpark and is used frequently for community functions.
Call 911 for medical emergencies. Rocky View County is serviced by ground ambulances operated by Alberta Health Services.
The nearest acute care hospitals with emergency services are:
Nearby parks and recreation facilities include:
- Kathyrn has a playground, and a running track is available at the elementary school.
- The nearby hamlet of Delacour has a golf club.
- The Town of Irricana has parks, rodeo grounds, ball diamonds, soccer fields, playgrounds, a splash park, an off leash area and an outdoor skating rink/skate park. Irricana also has 3.5 kilometres of trail systems for walking and cycling.
- The Town of Chestermere has a lake, a golf club, parks, playgrounds and sport fields.
- The City of Airdrie has numerous outdoor parks and outdoor recreation areas available.
Call 911 for all emergencies.
Responsible for keeping the peace, preventing crimes and investigating crimes already committed.
- RCMP Beiseker Detachment
Rocky View County Enforcement and Compliance
Responsible for public safety, promoting traffic safety, protecting County roads and infrastructure and enforcing County bylaws.
There are no schools located directly in Keoma. Students in this area attend school in nearby communities.
The County currently does not provide water servicing in Keoma. Water service is by private water wells.
The County currently does not provide wastewater servicing in Keoma. Wastewater servicing is through private septic systems or pump-out systems.
Electricity & Natural Gas
Electricity and natural gas are deregulated in Alberta. The Alberta Government has a website to assist customers with choosing a provider for a residence or business. Contact your distributor in the event of a natural gas emergency.
Please contact FortisAlberta for electrical emergencies, power and streetlight outages at 403.310.9473 or at the FortisAlberta website.