Other than campfires and County-approved incinerators, any person lighting a fire for any purpose in the county must have a valid fire permit.

Permits are free and can be obtained from Rocky View County Fire Services. Call 403-230-1401 for more information and to request a permit.

Fireworks Permits

Fireworks permits are required by law. Any person selling or discharging fireworks in the county must have a valid Fireworks Permit.

Fire Guardians

County Fire Guardians are responsible for assisting in the area of fire prevention and the control of fires through the Forest and Prairie Protection Act. Fire Guardians are located throughout the County; volunteering their time and resources to issue countless fire permits each year.

For information regarding your local Fire Guardian, contact Rocky View Fire Services at 403.230.1401.

Prohibited Burning Materials

As directed under Alberta Regulation 211/96, certain materials cannot be disposed of through burning, including:

  • Animal manure;
  • Non-wooden material;
  • Pathological waste;
  • Preserved wood;
  • Tires;
  • Rubber or plastic, or anything containing or coated with rubber or plastic or similar substance, except rubber or plastic attached to shredded scrap steel;
  • Used oil;
  • Solid waste from sawmills or planning mills with an annual production in excess of 9500 cubic meters of lumber;
  • Waste material from building or construction sites excluding wooden material that do not contain wood preservatives;
  • Combustible material in automobile bodies; and
  • Wood or wood products containing substances for the purpose of preserving wood.


Call 911 for all emergencies.

For other Fire Services questions or reports call 403.230.1401.

Book a Fire Inspection

Whether you need a sale-of-fireworks permit, a daycare inspection, a special event or occupancy permit, you can book a Fire Services inspection right from this website.