All dogs over three months of age residing in Rocky View County must have a valid dog licence. Rocky View County’s dog licensing period is from January to December, and all licences, no matter in what month they were first purchased, expire at the end of December each year.
Obtaining a Licence
To purchase a dog licence, complete and return a dog licence application form (PDF) to the County along with payment, in person or by fax or mail.
- In person: Visit the County Hall from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Payment can be made by cash, cheque, debit or credit card.
- By fax: Fax application forms along with credit card information and a valid signature to 403.277.6601. Please be sure to dial the fax number carefully.
- By mail: Mail application or renewal forms along with a cheque payable to Rocky View County or credit card information to:
Rocky View Dog Licensing
262075 Rocky View Point
Rocky View County, AB
Renewing a Licence
After your initial purchase of a dog licence, you’ll automatically receive an annual renewal invoice. You can pay your invoice using the payment options above, or through online or telephone banking.
- Online/Telephone Banking (for Renewals only)
Search for “Rocky View County Dog License” as your payee on your financial institution's website and enter the Document Number from your dog licence invoice (see example) for each of your dog(s).
If your financial institution does not provide Rocky View County Dog License as a payee, please use “Rocky View County Utilities” as your payee and enter your Customer ID Number from your dog licence invoice (see example) as your Account Number.
The annual fee for dog licences in Rocky View County are regulated by the Master Rates Bylaw and Animal Control Bylaw.
- Spayed or neutered dog over three months of age: $15.00
- Non-altered dog: $35.00
- Non-altered puppy up to six months of age: $25.00
The fine for an unlicenced dog in the County is $150. Falsifying information on your licence application carries a fine of $500.
Collar tags are not dated and are not replaced annually. If a dog's tag is lost or illegible, it can be replaced at a cost of $10. Requests for replacement dog tags can be made in person at the County Hall, by fax or mail along with the replacement fee.
Cancelling a Licence
Residents who have relocated or no longer have a dog that was previously licenced must notify the County of the change. Please call 403.230.1401 or email email@example.com.