The Recreation & Governance Committee approved the 2021 Recreation and Parks Master Plan, guiding recreation development throughout Rocky View.
- Pathways/trails – The Active Transportation Plan presents short-term priorities for pathway connections and programs in certain urban communities.
- Multi-use spaces facilities – in the southeast and southwest areas (to support various recreation activities and programs).
- Possible partnership initiatives – with urban communities for regional recreation facilities (Airdrie and Chestermere).
- Pathway/Trails – The Active Transportation Plan presents longer-term projects and programs for consideration.
- Ice rink – development in the southeast area of the County (to support ice hockey, ringette, learn to skate programs, etc.).
- Plan for and develop indoor and outdoor recreation amenities in hamlets that are expected to grow beyond 5,000 population.