This location is a Transfer Site. Transfer sites are large areas that are designed to collect many different material types such as yard waste, garbage, e-waste, tires, and recycling. When household waste is dropped off, these sites require payment by cash or the Tag-a-Bag system.


90 Elbow Rise NE 13-23-5-W5M
About 1 km north of the bridge on Wintergreen Rd.
View map


403-949-3716 (during operating hours)
403-230-1401 (after hours)


Wednesday: 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Open regular hours. Until further notice, a maximum of seven vehicles will be allowed on site at any time. Another seven vehicles may line up at the pay booth, with the remaining vehicles lining up on Elbow Rise Road. Thank you for your patience as we take these steps to protect the health of the community.

Accepted Materials

  • Household Garbage (1 tag-a-bag ticket per bag)
  • Cardboard
  • Newspaper
  • Mixed Paper
  • Glass
  • Metal
  • Automotive batteries
  • Fluorescent light bulbs (residential)
  • Electronic waste
  • Tires (rims removed)
  • Household plastics (must be clean, no Styrofoam)
  • Grass and leaves (seasonal)
  • Christmas trees (seasonal)
  • Branches-less than 6 in. diameter (no stumps, these would be garbage) [May 1 - Oct. 31 only]
  • Cell phones
  • Propane tanks
  • Appliances (fridges, freezers, water coolers - a fee applies for Freon removal, see Master Rates Bylaw)
  • Bunker bags, silage tarps, bale wrap (must be rolled)
  • Wire (must be rolled and free of non metal items)
  • Bale twine (must be free of debris and in clear bags)
  • Obsolete agricultural pesticides
  • Empty agricultural pesticide containers (must be triple rinsed)

The Bragg Creek transfer site also collects residents' household hazardous waste, including paint, motor oil, antifreeze and aerosols.


Visit the fees page for a full list of garbage & recycling fees.

Donation Shed

Rocky View County has teamed up with Diabetes Canada to collect unwanted textiles and small household items in the donation shed located on site—items such as clothing and linens, housewares, books, toys, and knick-knacks.

Residents are asked to package hard items, such as plates, small appliances, and toys in boxes before bringing them to the donation shed; all other items may be packaged in plastic bags or boxes.


The transfer site cannot accept large amounts of renovation and construction materials at this time. It is the responsibility of the home owner to transport this material to an appropriate facility.


Solid Waste & Recycling

How can I get rid of...?

Tires? Pesticides? Old TVs? Paint? Metal barrels? Plywood?—Check out the Garbage Materials page for a comprehensive listing of where in the County you can dispose of unwanted items.

Servicing Strategy

For the long-term benefit of our environment, communities, and residents, the following guiding documents have been developed: