Ag Roundups are one-day events to collect agricultural materials for recycling. These are held during the summer months at various locations throughout the County.
2021 Ag Roundup Dates
If you have a large amount of any material, please phone the County in advance at 403-230-1401 so we can ensure there is space to accommodate your items.
Events take place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on the following Wednesdays. Physical distancing measures will be in place and masks are encouraged when dropping off your materials.
- July 14 - Madden Chuck Wagon Site
- July 21 - Cochrane Area (Weedon Pioneer Hall)
42041 Weedon Trail
- July 28 - Crossfield Area (Co-op/Viterra)
29340 29339 Highway 2A
- August 4 - Springbank (Westlife Community Church)
32242 Township Road 245
- August 11 - Delacour Community Hall
275194 Township Road 254
- August 18 - Bottrel General Store
- August 25 - Balzac Fire Station #107
291015 Rocky View Drive
Please package your recycling as outlined above, as improperly packaged materials will be refused. The garbage materials page provides a full list of accepted materials and proper preparation guidelines.
- Mesh wrap/netting
- Bale/silage wrap
- Feed, seed, or fertilizer bags
- Scrap metal
- Organics, including yard waste and hay
Unaccepted materials will be refused. Please take these items to a Transfer Site for disposal or recycling as appropriate.
Visiting a Roundup
Once you reach a Roundup site, an attendant will:
- Record your name, address, phone number and the community you live in.
- Check to ensure the types of materials you are dropping off are accepted.
- Direct you to the location(s) to drop off material.
When at the bin or location to drop off material:
- Take the time to place the material in the correct bin or barrel so is can be processed properly.
- If in doubt, leave it out and locate an attendant in a safety vest for advice on where the materials should be placed.
To get in and out of the transfer site quickly and safely remember:
- Be considerate and patient when dropping off your materials.
- Bring age-appropriate people to help unload your materials.
- Staff are not available to assist with the unloading of any items.
- Materials left at sites before or after the scheduled times are considered illegal dumping and are subject to bylaw enforcement.