Ag Roundups are one-day events to collect agricultural materials for recycling. These are held during the summer months at various locations throughout the County.
2022 Ag Roundup Dates
If you have a large amount of any material, please phone the County in advance at 403-230-1401 so we can ensure there is space to accommodate your items.
Events take place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on the following Wednesdays.
- July 6 - Madden Chuck Wagon
285090 Symons Valley Road
- July 13 - Balzac
291031 Rocky View Way (East side of Fleet Building parking lot)
- July 20 - Weedon Pioneer Hall
42041 Weedon Trail
- July 27 - Springbank (Westlife Church)
32242 Township Road 245
- August 3 - Bottrel General Store
4 Bottrel Street
- August 10 - Delacour Community Hall
275194 Township Road 254
- August 17 - Co-op Agro Centre (North of Crossfield)
29340 Highway 2A
- August 24 - Jumping Pound Community Hall
44208 Township Road 250
Please package your recycling as outlined above, as improperly packaged materials will be refused. The garbage materials page provides a full list of accepted materials and proper preparation guidelines.
- Mesh wrap/netting
- Bale/silage wrap
- Feed, seed, or fertilizer bags
- Organics, including yard waste and hay
Unaccepted materials will be refused. Please take these items to a Transfer Site for disposal or recycling as appropriate.
Visiting a Roundup
Once you reach a Roundup site, an attendant will:
- Record your name, address, phone number and the community you live in.
- Check to ensure the types of materials you are dropping off are accepted.
- Direct you to the location(s) to drop off material.
When at the bin or location to drop off material:
- Take the time to place the material in the correct bin or barrel so is can be processed properly.
- If in doubt, leave it out and locate an attendant in a safety vest for advice on where the materials should be placed.
To get in and out of the transfer site quickly and safely remember:
- Be considerate and patient when dropping off your materials.
- Bring age-appropriate people to help unload your materials.
- Staff are not available to assist with the unloading of any items.
- Materials left at sites before or after the scheduled times are considered illegal dumping and are subject to bylaw enforcement.