Ag Roundups are one-day events to collect agricultural materials for recycling. These are held during the summer months at various locations throughout the County.
2023 Ag Roundup Dates
If you have a large amount of any material, please phone the County in advance at 403-230-1401 so we can ensure there is space to accommodate your items.
Events take place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on the following Wednesdays.
- July 5 - Madden Chuck Wagon
285090 Symons Valley Road
- July 19 - Weedon Pioneer Hall
42041 Weedon Trail
- July 26 - Springbank (Westlife Church)
32242 Twp Rd 245
- August 2 - Bottrel General Store
4 Bottrel St
- August 9 - Delacour Community Hall
275194 Township Road 254
- August 16 - Co-op Agro Centre (North of Crossfield)
29340 Hwy 2A
- August 23 - Jumping Pound Community Hall
44208 Township Road 250
- August 30 - Balzac
291031 Rocky View Way (East side of Fleet Building parking lot)
- Unused chemical and pesticide with label showing (no empty containers)
- Unused herbicides
- Wire (rolled up and free of non-metal)
- Electronics (list of accepted items)
- Household hazardous waste (in original containers)
- Tires (with or without rims)
- Paint (100ml to 24 litres)
- Plastic twine (in clear bags)
- Grain bags over 50 bushels (clean, folded or rolled, and secured with twine)
- Livestock lick tubs (clean)
Please package your recycling as outlined above, as improperly packaged materials will be refused. The garbage materials page provides a full list of accepted materials and proper preparation guidelines.
- Mesh wrap/netting
- Bale/silage wrap
- Feed, seed, or fertilizer bags
- Empty chemical and pesticide containers
Unaccepted materials will be refused. Please take these items to a Transfer Site for disposal or recycling as appropriate.
Visiting a Roundup
Once you reach a Roundup site, an attendant will:
- Record your name, address, phone number and the community you live in.
- Check to ensure the types of materials you are dropping off are accepted.
- Direct you to the location(s) to drop off material.
When at the bin or location to drop off material:
- Take the time to place the material in the correct bin or barrel so is can be processed properly.
- If in doubt, leave it out and locate an attendant in a safety vest for advice on where the materials should be placed.
To get in and out of the transfer site quickly and safely remember:
- Be considerate and patient when dropping off your materials.
- Bring age-appropriate people to help unload your materials.
- Staff are not available to assist with the unloading of any items.
- Materials left at sites before or after the scheduled times are considered illegal dumping and are subject to bylaw enforcement.