Ag Roundup and Household Hazardous Waste Collection
Monday, June 5, 2023
If you don’t live near one of Rocky View County’s transfer sites and have material that needs to be disposed of/recycled, plan to take it to one of the various Agricultural Roundup days this summer. Mark the date and location that works for you! Rocky View County’s Waste and Recycling is hosting Ag Roundups to help collect those items like tires, appliances, chemicals, twine, livestock bins, etc. Visit Agriculture Roundups | Rocky View County for more details.
The biggest change this year is that empty chemical or pesticide containers will not be accepted.
You need to take those back to the retailer/point-of-sale location. You can bring unused chemical/pesticides in the container with a readable label and we can dispose of them for you. Just no empty containers.
If you a have large amount of material, i.e. a truck or trailer load, please call ahead so the site people can assist you properly. 403-230-1401
All Roundups take place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on the following dates:
- July 5 – Madden Chuckwagon
- July 19 – Weedon Pioneer Hall
- July 26- Springbank (Westlife Church)
- August 2 – Bottrel General Store
- August 9 – Delacour Community Hall
- August 16- Co-op Agro Crossfield
- August 23 – Jumping Pound Community Hall
- August 30 – Balzac Rocky View County Fleet Services building
In addition, two other days will be available for Household Hazardous Waste drop off. These locations will not accept the other Ag materials.
Saturday June 24 Bearspaw Lions Club
25240 Nagway Rd
- This HHW Roundup will run in conjunction with the Bearspaw Lion’s Club paper shredding event
Saturday September 23 Elbow Valley Fire Hall
31040 Lott Creek Drive
Can’t make the Roundup date?
Free drop off at your nearest transfer site is available year-round.
*Improperly packaged materials will be refused.