Changes to Canadian Agricultural Partnership Environmental Stewardship Program
Tuesday, March 12, 2019
New changes to the Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP) Environmental Stewardship & Climate Change (ES&CC) Producer Program and updated intake dates are available on the CAP website.
1. The target audience now includes Commercial Manure Applicators.
- Eligible to apply for specific manure application equipment and other items related to improved land application of manure.
- Pre-requisite for funding is attendance and participation in a Commercial Manure Applicator workshop. Workshop information will be on the CAP ES&CC website.
- Eligible expenses are retroactive to January 1, 2019 under Category E.
2. Changes to the Innovative Category (Category D):
- A new application form.
- Eligible expenses are retroactive to April 1, 2018.
- Innovation definition is clarified in the Funding List.
3. Revision to in-kind contribution rule:
- In-kind contribution caps for Activity Codes 101 (Riparian Fencing) and 304 (Shelterbelt Establishment) were modified from 25% to 50% of eligible expenditures.
- Changes were effective as of February 13, 2019. Any application received after this date qualify for the new rate; applications received prior to this date are still subject to the old rate.
4. Revision to application submission methods to include email and mail.
5. Inclusion of a standard precedence clause stating that approval of any project through the Technical Review Panel shall not set a precedent for approval of similar projects.