Proposed Land Use Bylaw Amendments to the:
- Care Facility (Group) Use – Land Use Bylaw C-8000-2020
Administration has been directed to prepare amendments for the consideration of Council at a public hearing on Tuesday, March 12, 2024, based on the following principles:
- Remove the ability to apply for new Care Facility (Group) uses on agricultural or residential parcels until additional requirements are approved by Council to regulate the location and impacts of such uses.
- Require that the following applications be determined by Council, as Development Authority, for Care Facility (Group) uses:
- Development Permit applications for new uses submitted to the County prior to the effective date of any amendments removing the ability to apply for the use.
- Development Permits for renewal of existing temporary uses.
All current Development Permits for Care Facility (Group) uses, and associated conditions of the permit, will remain in full force and effect.
Administration is recommending that all existing temporary approvals for Care Facility (Group) uses be considered for renewal, but that such renewal applications should be determined by Council, as Development Authority.
- I currently have a Care Facility (Group) development permit,
- Or would like to apply for a Care Facility (Group) use in the future,
- Or as an affected applicant or landowner adjacent to an approved Care Facility (Group), would like to comment on these proposed amendments.
- As an affected party, you can:
- Attend the Public Hearing on Tuesday, March 12, 2024, at Rocky View County Hall and speak to the proposed amendments, or
- Send a letter expressing your support or concerns to email@example.com
On January 16, 2024, Rocky View County Governance Committee directed Administration to prepare amendments to Land Use Bylaw C-8000-2020 for the consideration of Council at a public hearing no later than March 31, 2024.
There are several ways to get involved in this project.
- Contact the County's Planning and Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 403-230-1401 for questions, updates, or further information.
- Follow the project on this webpage. We will post updates and upcoming events.