County Awards Over $244,986 in Community Recreation Funding Grants
Tuesday, December 22, 2020
Rocky View County has awarded community grants to 14 organizations, totaling $244,986 though the Community Recreation Funding Program within the 2020 budget.
At the December 22 Council meeting, Rocky View County Council voted to approve over $21,000 in capital and operational funding requests. In addition, during the December 1 Recreation Governance Committee Meeting, the County awarded community grants totaling more than $223,986.
The County’s Community Recreation Funding Policy enables recreation development and ongoing partnerships throughout the region, enhancing access for residents to recreational facility services and programs.
The following requests were approved for capital, operational, and program funding:
- Balzac Community Hall Association: $3,190
- Bearspaw Glendale Community Association: $75,660
- Beiseker Minor Hockey: $11,000
- Beaupre Community Association: $14,890
- Bow Valley Community Club: $39,750
- Camp Chestermere - $6,000
- Cochrane Minor Baseball - $1,500
- Extreme Cowboy Alberta Association: $2,500
- KOAC Arts Centre: $33,106
- Langdon Theatre Association: $6,250
- Madden Curling Club: $17,410
- Mountain View Cowpoke Junior Rodeo Club: $2,500
- Springbank Equestrian Society: $2,930
- Springbank Heritage Club: $28,300
Details regarding the approved requests is available within the agendas for the December 22 Council Meeting and the December 1 Recreation Governance Committee Meeting.
More information on the County’s funding programs can be found under Community Funding on the County website.