Governance & Priorities Committee Decisions: May 7, 2019
Tuesday, May 7, 2019
Here is a brief summary of the decisions of Rocky View County’s Governance & Priorities Committee at their May 7, 2019 meeting. This is a general overview only. Details of the full agenda and subsequent minutes can be found on the Governance & Priorities Committee page, or by contacting the County’s Municipal Clerk’s Office.
- The Committee received, for information, the results of a Community Youth Survey which provided information on what supports and amenities the 834 participating youth of Rocky View County’s Langdon area see as a priority within their community.
- A presentation on the STARS Air Ambulance service was received for information.
- The Committee received, for information, a report on the Rocky View Regional Handi-Bus Society’s specialized transportation services.
- The Committee received, for information, a report on the Bragg Creek Snowbirds Seniors Fellowship and the services provided to residents of Bragg Creek through a County Specialized Transportation Grant.
- The Committee received, for information, a presentation on the North Calgary Regional Transportation Study, a look at transportation priorities in the region. The study was a joint effort from Rocky View County, the City of Calgary, and the City of Airdrie, with participation from the City of Chestermere and the Town of Cochrane.
- The Committee voted to rescind Council Policy A-162, Closed Circuit Television Monitoring Policy. This will now become an Administrative Policy.
- The Committee voted to rescind Council Policy A-446, Office Furniture and Equipment Management. This will now become an Administrative Policy.
- The Committee received information on the following recreation topics, and voted to recommend to Council that they approve the following requests for funding through the Recreational Tax Levy:
- Operational funding for Spray Lake Sawmills Recreation Park Society, Spray Lake Sawmills Family Sports Centre in the amount of $159,020
- Funding for the purchase of used equipment, an outdoor rink cover, side membranes, and the replacement of facility doors in the amount of $80,000, and $320,000 for general operating and maintenance costs for the Springbank Park for All Seasons Agricultural Society
- Funding for the purchase of an ice plant (including associated installation costs) for the Bow Valley Agricultural Society in the amount of $100,000
- The Committee voted to approve recommended revisions to the Debt Acquisition and Management Policy C-220 to ensure it continues to align with the changes to the Municipal Government Act, Debt Limit Regulation 255/2000, and the Government Finance Officer Association Debt Management Guideline.
- The Committee voted to approve recommended revisions to the Investment Policy C 201 to ensure it continues to align with changes to the Municipal Government Act and the current Government Finance Officer Association Investment Guideline.
- The Committee received, for information, an overview report on the County’s Solid Waste Master Plan.
Boards & Committees