Fire Ban Downgraded To Fire Advisory For East & West Rocky View County
Friday, May 26, 2023
Due to improving conditions, Rocky View County Fire Services has downgraded its fire ban to a FIRE ADVISORY for all of Rocky View County. This advisory represents a moderate fire risk and will remain in effect as long as conditions remain.
County Fire Services will continue to monitor fire protection risks and weather patterns over the next few weeks and update the restrictions as required.
During a FIRE ADVISORY, all burning & fireworks permits are suspended, and burning is banned, with the following exceptions:
- Indoor household fireplaces
- Incinerators (for farm and acreage use)
- Burning barrels
- Camp stoves (properly attended)
- Barbecues (charcoal briquettes, propane, or natural gas)
- Wood pellet grills
- Propane/natural gas fire pit
- Recreational campfires in an approved burn pit
- Fires contained within approved facilities and appliances in designated camping and recreational areas
- Oil well flaring (must register with central fire dispatch at 403-264-1022)
For further information or media inquiries, please call 403-230-1401.
Visit www.rockyview.ca/fireban for details on specific fire restrictions and exceptions during a fire advisory.
Go to AlbertaFireBans.ca for information on fire bans and advisories in other areas of the province.
Fire & Emergency