Council Decisions: May 9, 2023
Wednesday, May 10, 2023
Following is a summary of the decisions of Rocky View County Council at the May 9, 2023 Council Meeting. This is a general overview of decisions only. Details of the agenda items can be found in the meeting’s agenda and details on the specifics of the decisions can be found in the minutes of this meeting, both on the Meetings & Hearings page. Details are also available by contacting Legislative Services at the County.
- Council denied the request for late tax payment penalty cancellation from the owner of Tax Roll 06404506 in accordance with Late Tax Payment Penalty Cancellation Policy C-204.
- Council received, for information, a Declaration of Sufficient Petition and directed Administration to prepare a Local Improvement Plan and corresponding borrowing bylaw for the installation of new infrastructure, water, and wastewater in the Conrich Estates subdivision on Meadow Ridge Road.
- Council voted to direct Administration to provide a letter of support to the Kiyooka Ohe Arts Centre to be included with their funding application to the Alberta Culture Days Grant Program in support of hosting arts workshops and guided tours of their sculpture park during Alberta Culture Days on September 9 and 10, 2023.
- Council voted to direct Administration to provide a letter of support to the Springbank Park For All Seasons Agricultural Society to include with their Community Facility Enhancement Program grant application for the replacement of the cement pad and refrigeration lines in the curling rink.
- Council voted to direct Administration to prepare a report to address the funding request made at the April 19, 2023 Public Presentation Committee by KIBA Seed Cleaning Plant Limited to upgrade their electrical system. Administration is to report back to Council no later than the July 18, 2023 Council meeting.
- In support of the recommendation made by the Public Presentation Committee on April 19, 2023, Council voted to direct Administration to provide a letter of support on behalf of the Cochrane and Area Health Foundation to the Minister of Health to expand the services of the Cochrane Urgent Care to a 24/7 operation.
- Council approved a Motion first read into the record on May 9, 2023 directing Administration to prepare a report for presentation to the Governance Committee before the end of July 2023 on the Bragg Creek Secondary Access project, outlining the identified access/egress routes, the status of the project, and potential options for the Committee’s consideration to advance this project in a timely manner. The motion will be debated on May 23, 2023.
Planning and Development
- Division 5 – File: PL20220122 (06224002 / 06224007 / 06224008), Bylaw C-8332-2022, Redesignation Item: To redesignate a ± 31.27 hectare (± 77.27 acre) portion of the subject lands from Agricultural, Small Parcel District and a ± 23.21 hectare (± 57.35 acre) portion of the subject lands from Agricultural, General District to Agricultural, Small Parcel District (p13.96) to facilitate the future boundary adjustment of three agricultural lots. Considered under the County Plan. Approved.
- Division 5 – File: PL20220014 (05335005), Bylaw C-8303-2022, Redesignation Item: To redesignate the subject lands from Agricultural, Small Parcel District (p.8.1) to Residential, Rural District (p.4.0) to allow for the future subdivision of one ± 4.04 hectare (± 9.98 acre) parcel with a ± 4.04 hectare (± 9.98 acre) remainder. Considered under the County Plan. Approved.
- Division 6 – File: PL20220174 (04329003), Bylaw C-8387-2023 - DC District Amendment Item: To amend Direct Control Bylaw C-8195-2021 (DC-175) to reduce the minimum setback distances for the principal building. Considered under the Conrich Area Structure Plan, and the South Conrich Conceptual Scheme. Approved as amended.
- Council moved into a closed session to consider the confidential item “CAO Review” under Section 19 of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Council moved back into the public session with no follow-up action.
- Council moved into a closed session to consider the confidential item “Chestermere Regional Community Association Purchase” under Sections 21, 24, and 25 of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Council moved back into the public session and voted to receive report RVC2023-14 for information.