Council Decisions: March 14, 2023
Wednesday, March 15, 2023
Council Decisions: March 14, 2023
Here is a summary of the decisions of Rocky View County Council at the March 14,2023 Council Meeting. This is a general overview of decisions only. Details of the agenda items can be found in the meeting’s agenda and details on the specifics of the decisions can be found in the minutes of this meeting, both on the Meetings & Hearings page. Details are also available by contacting Legislative Services at the County.
- Council approved the reallocation of up to $145,000 in funding from the Langdon Special Tax for the Iron Horse Fields Irrigation project, originally reserved for the Langdon Off-Leash Dog Park and Hanson Park Dog Park projects.
- Council defeated a motion for a proposed $40,000 budget adjustment to complete a comprehensive assessment of probable costs of land and preliminary engineering related to the project planning for the Conrich Fire Station.
- Council approved a motion for Administration to make operational and administrative changes at the Springbank Recycle Depot to relieve vehicle congestion and address resident concerns of accessibility and ease of use. Council then approved an additional motion directing Administration to continue to pursue opportunities for relocation of the Springbank Recycle Depot, limited to County-owned lands.
- Council directed Administration to initiate a formal request to the City of Calgary to allow Renfrew Educational Services to connect to the City of Calgary’s wastewater service stemming from Council’s approval of the Renfrew Educational Services Master Site Development Plan at the December 13, 2022 Council meeting.
- Council approved Operating Short-Term Borrowing Bylaw C-8368-2023 to endorse a $5 million line of credit with ATB Financial for the primary purpose of providing readily available cash flow for paying invoices in the event of unforeseen scenarios, ensuring that the County remains financially resilient and flexible, while mitigating financial risk.
Planning and Development
- Division 6 – File: PL20200170 and PL2020173 (03332060), Bylaw C-8378-2023 and Bylaw C-8379-2023, Conceptual Scheme Item and District Amendment Item: PL20220170 (Bylaw C-8378-2023) - To amend the Emcor Business Park Conceptual Scheme (Bylaw C-7346-2014) to facilitate future subdivision and development of Lot 4, Block 2, Plan 2111366 within SW-32-23-28-W04M. PL20220173 (Bylaw C-8379-2023) -To amend the Direct Control District Bylaw (DC-153, C-7508-2015) to facilitate future subdivision and development of Lot 4, Block 2, Plan 2111366 within SW-32-23-28-W04M. Considered under the Janet Area Structure Plan, and the Emcor Business Park Conceptual Scheme. Approved.
- Division 6 – File: PL20210067 (04324032), Bylaw C-8185-2021, Redesignation Item: To redesignate a ± 1.66 hectare (± 4.03 acre) parcel from Residential, Rural District to Residential, Country Residential District in order to facilitate the creation of a ± 0.81 hectare (± 2.02 acre) parcel with a ± 0.80 hectare (± 2.01 acre) remainder in order to facilitate the creation of two lots in total. Considered under the County Plan. Approved.
- Division 1 – File: PL20220134 (04811003), Bylaw C-8376-2023, DC District Amendment Item: To amend the Direct Control Bylaw (DC-21, C-4706-96) to facilitate a new accessory kitchen and dining building including an office, meeting room, storage rooms, and washroom facilities. Considered under the County Plan. Approved with amendments.
- Council moved into a closed session to consider the confidential item “County Lands Remediation Update – Cochrane Gravel Pit” under Sections 24 and 25 of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Council moved back into the public session and directed Administration to pursue the mandate provided in Closed Session Report RVC2023-07.
- Council moved into a closed session to consider the confidential item “Reimbursement Request” under Sections 23, 24 and 27 of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Council moved back into the public session and voted in favor of Report RVC2023-08 for closed session item J-2 to be received and filed.