Council Decisions: January 10, 2023
Wednesday, January 11, 2023
Here is a summary of the decisions of Rocky View County Council at the January 10, 2023 Council Meeting. This is a general overview of decisions only. Details of the agenda items can be found in the meeting’s agenda and details on the specifics of the decisions can be found in the minutes of this meeting, both on the Meetings & Hearings page. Details are also available by contacting Legislative Services at the County.
- Council approved a budget adjustment of $833,300 for the purpose of constructing infrastructure for the Cooperative Stormwater Management Initiative (CSMI) in accordance with the County’s Regional Stormwater Off-site Levy Bylaw C-8008-2020. The funds will be transferred from the Stormwater Off-site Levy reserve.
- Council approved the five-year Crossfield Recreation Cost Sharing Agreement to formalize historical commitments toward recreational amenities, and to continue to build on a strong, sustainable foundation that will support recreational and cultural facilities and services in the best interests of Crossfield and County residents.
- Council directed Administration to sign the Intermunicipal Transfer Site Cost Contribution Agreement between the County and the Town of Crossfield to allow County residents continued access to the Crossfield Transfer Site, with the same rights and responsibilities as a Crossfield resident, through to March 31, 2027.
- Council approved Road Licensing Bylaw C-8316-2022 to clearly define responsibility regarding licencing of undeveloped road allowances, and provide for the issuance of Licences of Occupation for the temporary occupation or use of undeveloped County roads. The current Road Licensing Policy C-433 will be rescinded. Council also approved Bylaw C-8372-2023 intended to amend Master Rates Bylaw C-8258-2022 to consolidate rows 596 and 597 into one licence for occupation for grazing/cultivation/existing driveway.
- Council provided an update on the latest Calgary Metropolitan Regional Growth Board (CMRB), as well as additional community and municipal board activities. Specific details can be reviewed on the meeting’s livestream video.
- Council received, for information, an update of the Council Resolution Tracker, including all active, ongoing, and pending business items and their respective Administration directives.
Planning and Development
- Administration provided a presentation in a Public Hearing for Bylaw C-8356-2023 and Bylaw C-8357-2023 for amendments to both the Municipal Development Plan (County Plan) and the Land Use Bylaw (LUB), specifically related to current land use designations:
- Special, Future Urban Development (S-FUD) District
- Business Live-Work (B-LWK) District
- Special Function Business (SFB)
- Council directed Administration to schedule a workshop prior to bringing recommendations to the Governance Committee for Council to provide for amendments to Bylaws C-8356-2023 and C-8357-2023 no later than end of June 2023.
- Council also directed Administration:
- To not schedule any bylaw proposing redesignation of a property’s land use to the Special Future Urban Development and Business Live-Work districts for Council’s consideration at public hearing or otherwise, including first readings, until after Council has considered further bylaw amendments to the Business Live-Work and Special Future Urban Development districts. Subdivision and development permit applications on properties holding the Business Live-Work land use shall be allowed to proceed to a decision.
- To notify all landowners and applicants in the County that have a current application for redesignation, subdivision, or development relating to the Special Future Urban Development and Business Live-Work districts of Council’s direction on the district. Applicants shall be advised of their options with respect to proceeding with their proposals.
- Division 5 – File: PL20200140 (07122007), Bylaw C-8100-2020, Road Closure Application Item: To close a ± 0.47 hectare (± 1.15 acre) portion of undeveloped road allowance in order to consolidate with the adjacent lands on the west side of the road allowance. Approved. Council also directed that the ± 1.15 acres of land be transferred to Paul and Sarula Larson upon fulfillment of conditions.
- Council moved into a closed session to consider the confidential item “Chief Administrative Officer Update” under Section 24 of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Council moved back into the public session, with no follow-up action.