Rocky View County Invites Residents to Balance Budget
Tuesday, October 18, 2022
Every year, Rocky View County budgets, plans, and invests for the future based on resident needs and community priorities. A balanced budget ensures the County can afford to maintain infrastructure and provide services without overspending.
The County is inviting residents and businesses to try their hand at balancing municipal tax revenues through an online Budget Allocator tool. Residents can use the tool to increase, decrease, or maintain spending for services that directly affect their daily lives. This helps the County understand residents’ priorities and satisfaction with existing service levels.
“The community should have a voice in important decisions, like which programs and services we invest in. When residents communicate how they want tax dollars spent, they bring their voice and influence to County decisions, and that is so important to us,” says Rocky View County Mayor Don Kochan.
Comments and information gathered through the Budget Allocator will be shared with Council and Administration to help provide insight into public priorities.
- Public comments are accepted from October 18, 2022, to November 1, 2022. The Budget Allocator will remain available to residents after this period to serve as an information tool.
- The Rocky View County Budget Allocator is available at: https://rockyview.ca.abalancingact.com/2023budget and is powered by Balancing Act - a secure, online program that helps communities participate in municipal budget planning.
- A What We Heard report will be shared with residents.
- In the 2022 Citizen Satisfaction Survey residents said they want more opportunities to provide feedback to the County.
- To learn more about the County's budget process, and how your property tax dollars support County services, visit Budget & Finance.
Tax & Assessment