Council Approves 2022 Master Rates
Thursday, February 24, 2022
Rocky View County Council has voted to approve the 2022 Master Rates Bylaw that outlines the fees the County charges for services. The new fee schedule comes into effect on April 3, 2022 and will be made available on the County website once it has been updated.
All County fees are reviewed annually and adjusted as needed to recover costs. Rate increases for 2022 were carefully considered and only applied where service delivery costs have changed.
For 2022, the vast majority of fees remain unchanged. For those fees that are changed, highlights include:
- Dog licensing fees were added to the Pets and Animals Section, however, this fee is not effective until January 1, 2023. Although the fee is not in effect in 2022, dogs must still be licensed.
- Application fee added for regionally significant planning applications required to be referred to the Calgary Metropolitan Region Board.
- West Rocky View water service, West Balzac Service area, West Rocky View sewer service, and West Balzac service area were added to the Utilities Section.
- Various fees in the Utilities Section are proposed to be increase by 10%, which will allow Utility Services to move forward towards its strategy of full cost recovery for its water and wastewater systems.
- Various fees have been moved and re-categorized within the Cemetery Section and some cemetery fees are proposed to increase by 3% and 5%, reflecting the recommendations of both the Cemetery Master Plan and the Feasibility Study.
The 2022 Master Rates presentation made during the February 22 Council Meeting can be viewed on the County website.