Council Decisions: December 7, 2021
Tuesday, December 7, 2021
Here is a summary of the decisions of Rocky View County Council at the December 7, 2021 Council Meeting. This is a general overview of decisions only. Details of the agenda items can be found in the meeting’s agenda and details on the specifics of the decisions can be found in the minutes of this meeting, both on the Meetings & Hearings page. Details are also available by contacting Legislative Services at the County.
- Council directed Administration to conduct a cost analysis into the 2022 budget for Transportation Services to provide sidewalk clearing services on a two-block section in Langdon on Centre Street, between Langdon Park/3rd Ave and Railway Avenue.
- Council provided a brief update on the latest Calgary Metropolitan Regional Growth Board (CMRB) activities, including a most recent Board Meeting held to bring together members and provide orientation following the 2021 Municipal Election. Business meetings will recommence in early 2022.
- Council received, for information, an update on the 2021 Council Priorities and Significant Issues list, including all active, ongoing, and pending priorities and initiatives to assist council on the status of business items.
- Council approved a Motion first read into the record on December 7, 2021 directing Administration to investigate possible amendments to Rocky View County Policy #433 to enable Rocky View County to issue a license or permit for the use of any Undeveloped Road Allowance right-of-way or a portion of any Undeveloped Road Allowance right-of-way located within Rocky View County for the purpose of providing private access to landowners who own land immediately adjacent to or hold a beneficial interest in the undeveloped Road Allowance right-of-way.
Planning and Development
- Division 5 – File: PL20200179 (06404005), Bylaw C-8241-2021, Redesignation Item: To redesignate the subject lands from Agricultural General District to Direct Control District 131 to accommodate industrial activities. Considered under the Balzac East Area Structure Plan, and the Nose Creek Business Park Conceptual Scheme. Approved.
- Division 5 – File: PL20200065 (05330003), Bylaw C-8158-2021, Redesignation Item: To redesignate a ± 9.31 hectare (± 23.00 acre) portion of the lands from Agricultural, General District to Business, Live-Work District p.9.31, to facilitate the future development of outdoor storage for equipment, recreational vehicles, trucks, and trailers. Considered under the Rocky View County and City of Calgary Intermunicipal Development Plan. Refused.
- Council moved into a closed session to consider the confidential item “Consideration of Kissel et al v. Rocky View County, 2020 ABQB 406” under Sections 23, 24, and 27 of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Council moved back into the public session, and directed Administration to withdraw the appeal of decision 2020 ABQB 406, subject to the conditions deemed acceptable to the Chief Administration Officer as directed by Council in the closed session.
- Council then approved a Motion Arising, directing Administration to review and return to Council with Code of Conduct Bylaw C-7768-2018.