Council Decisions: November 9, 2021
Tuesday, November 9, 2021
Here is a brief summary of the decisions of Rocky View County Council at the November 9, 2021 Council Meeting. This is a general overview of decisions only. Details of the agenda items can be found in the meeting’s agenda and details on the specifics of the decisions can be found in the minutes of this meeting, both on the Meetings & Hearings webpage. Details are also available by contacting Legislative Services at the County.
- Council approved Borrowing Bylaw C-8238-2021 for water system upgrades in the Prince of Peace Village area, and corresponding budget adjustment of $339,000.
- Council approved supplemental Borrowing Bylaw C-8250-2021, and corresponding budget adjustment of $50,000, for additional costs associated with the Country Lane Estates water system installation project due to items that were not included in the original preliminary estimate, and other additional construction costs.
- Council received, for information, an update on the 2021 Council Priorities and Significant Issues list, including all active, ongoing and pending priorities and initiatives to assist council on the status of business items.
- Council approved a Motion first read into the record on November 9, 2021 directing Administration to amend the Procedure Bylaw to a reflect one-year term for the Mayor and amend the Terms of Reference of the various boards and committees to reflect one-year terms for board members and all Chair and Vice-Chair committee positions.
- Council approved a Motion first read into the record on November 9, 2021 directing Administration to recommence advertising public notices and service announcements, such as, but not limited to, public hearings, subdivision applications, approved development permits and matters of significant concern to County residents in the Rocky View Weekly starting no later than the January 11 edition of 2022.
Planning and Development
- Division 2 – File: PL20200136 (05714039), Bylaw C-8186-2021, Redesignation Item: To redesignate the subject lands from Residential, Rural District to Residential, Country District to facilitate the creation of a ± 2.05 acre lot (Lot 1) and a ± 2.05 acre remainder (Lot 2). Considered under the Central Springbank Area Structure Plan. Council voted to refer the bylaw back to Administration to: reconsider the feasibility, including slope stability, of building two residences; provide an updated map showing access to the lands; and outline of the environmental consequences. Administration will provide a follow up report within three months.
- Division 6 – File: PL20200146 (03314006), Bylaw C-8127-2021, Redesignation Item: To redesignate the subject lands from Agricultural, General District to Residential, Country Residential District and Residential, Rural District to facilitate future subdivision into a 6.01 acre lot and 2.00 acre lot. Considered under the County Plan. Approved.
- Division 4 – File: PL20210011 (06713051), Bylaw C-8136-2021, Redesignation Item: Redesignation of the entire ± 4.60 acre parcel from Residential, Rural District to Residential, Country Residential District in order to facilitate the future subdivision of one (1) ± 2.40 acre parcel, leaving a balance ± 2.20 acre parcel. Considered under the Bearspaw Area Structure Plan. Council voted to refer the bylaw back to Administration to work with the applicant on a site-specific stormwater plan and a comprehensive lot and road plan for the entire quarter section.
- Division 6 – File: PL20210031 (05308010), Bylaw C-8162-2021, Redesignation Item: To redesignate the subject lands from Residential, Rural Residential District to Business, Live-Work District to accommodate a new home and a trucking business. Considered under the County Plan. Approved.
- Division 5 – File: PL20200179 (06404005), Bylaw C-8241-2021: To redesignate the subject lands from Agricultural, General District to Direct Control District 131 to accommodate industrial activities. First Reading approved.
- Division 5 – File: PL20210088 (06223002/004/006/007/009), Bylaw C-8197-2021: To redesignate the subject lands from Agricultural, General District to Agricultural, Small District, Agricultural, Small District p.8.1 and Agricultural, Small District p.12.1 in order to facilitate a future boundary adjustment among five (5) lots. First Reading approved.
- Division 5 – File: PL20210134 (06422001, 06422018, 06422114, 06422004), Bylaw C-8243-2021: To consider the Butte Hills East Conceptual Scheme that will provide the policy framework to guide redesignation and subdivision applications in order to facilitate the development of a residential community. First Reading approved.
- Division 5 – File: PL20210135 (06422001, 06422004, 06422018, 06422114), Bylaw C-8233-2021: To redesignate a portion of the lands within NE/SE-22-26-29-W04M from Agriculture, General District to Residential, Country Residential District, in order to facilitate the creation of 105 lots roughly ± 2.00 acres in size; for Special, Public Service District, Special, Parks & Recreation District and Special, Natural Open Space District in order to facilitate the creation of lots between ± 6.80 acres to ± 18.51 acres. First Reading approved.
- Division 5 – File: PL20210106 (05327005), Bylaw C-8240-2021: To redesignate the subject land from Agricultural, General District to Business, Live-Work District, in order to accommodate a truck storage business with no more than five (5) trucks. First Reading approved.
- Council moved into a closed session to consider the confidential item “Legal Update” under Sections 24, 25, and 27 of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Council moved back into the public session, with no resulting follow-up action.