Council Decisions: January 26, 2021
Wednesday, January 27, 2021
Here is a brief summary of the decisions of Rocky View County Council at the January 26, 2021 Council Meeting. This is a general overview of decisions only. Details of the agenda items can be found in the meeting’s agenda and details on the specifics of the decisions can be found in the minutes of this meeting, both found on the Meetings & Hearings page. Details are also available by contacting Legislative Services at the County.
- Council approved First Reading of Bylaw C-8095-2020 to close for consolidation purposes, a segment of the Road Allowance located to the north side of Block: 3 Plan: 1820 AM in order to integrate the road into the lot directly adjacent on the south. Bylaw C-8095-2020 will be forwarded to the Minister of Transportation for approval.
- Council approved Administration cease the exploration of continued involvement with Abrio Health (formerly known as Airdrie & Area Health Benefits Cooperative), including the Blue Zone Project, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Council approved amendments to the Recreation Governance Committee Terms of Reference to align the policy with the County’s current practices and standards.
- Council approved Land Use Bylaw C-8092-2020 that provides various amendments to Land Use Bylaw C-8000-2020 to ensure effective implementation and interpretation, and to redesignate remaining properties within SW-23-23-28-W04M to Business, Live-Work District.
- Council approved the repeal of Election Sign Bylaw C-7504-2015, to be replaced with Election Sign Bylaw C-8124-2021 to regulate election signs installed or erected within the County and to outline the duties, responsibilities, expectations, and penalties associated with election signs.
- Council received, for information, an update on the 2021 Council Priorities and Significant Issues list, including all active, ongoing, and pending priorities and initiatives to assist council on the status of business items.
Planning and Development
- Division 5 – File: PL20200103 (05201008), Bylaw C-8089-2020, Redesignation Item: To redesignate a portion of the land from Agricultural, General District to Residential, Rural District and Agricultural, Small Parcel District, in order to facilitate the creation of a ± 4.62 acres new lot with a ± 84.93 acres remainder. Considered under the County Plan. Approved.
- Division 4 – File: PL20200018 (03222114/03222115), Bylaw C-8040-2020, Redesignation Item: Site-Specific amendment to DC-64 to provide for Animal Health Care Services, Small Animal within Unit 5 & 6 Plan 0010821. Considered under the Langdon Area Structure Plan. Approved.
- Division 2 – File: PL20200090 (05707001/7240 to 7260/7267 to 7270/8082/8088), Bylaw C-8085-2020: Site-Specific amendment to DC-129 to adjust the Development Regulations for Village Residential 1 Development Cell (VR-1, Sections 8.7.0, Table 1), Village Residential 2 Development Cell (VR-2, Sections 9.7.0, Table 2), Village Core 1 Development Cell (VC-1, Sections 5.2.0., 5.3.1, 5.4.0, 5.6.0, 5.8.0, 5.9.0, 5.12.0, 5.13.0), Definition (Section 10), and Schedules A and C. Considered under the Harmony Conceptual Scheme. Approved.
- Division 4 – File: PL20190192 (03309002/001), Bylaw C-8003-2020, Conceptual Scheme Item: Adoption of the Shepard Estates Conceptual Scheme to provide a policy framework to guide future redesignation and subdivision for the residential development. Considered under the Rocky View County/City of Calgary Intermunicipal Development Plan, and in conjunction with File PL20190191 (03309002/001) below. Approved.
- Division 4 – File: PL20190191 (03309002/001), Bylaw C-8002-2020, Redesignation Item: To redesignate a portion of the subject land from Agricultural, General District to Residential, Rural District, and redesignate the remainder lands to Agricultural, Small Parcel District and Agricultural, Small Parcel District, in order to facilitate the creation of 12 residential lots on ± 57.59 acres of land with ± 160.04 acres remainder. Considered under the Rocky View County/City of Calgary Intermunicipal Development Plan, and in conjunction with File PL20190192 (03309002/001) above. Approved.
- Council moved into a closed session to consider an emergent business item “Springbank Community Association funding request for expert third party risk analysis of the SR1 project” under Section 21 and 24 of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Council moved back into the public session, and voted to deny the funding request from the Springbank Community Association. Council further directed Administration to proceed with the instructions provided in the session and report back to Council by February 9, 2021.
- Council moved into a closed session to consider the confidential item “Kissel v Rocky View (County), 2020 ABQB 406” under Section 23, 24 and 27 of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Council moved back into the public session, with no resulting follow-up action.
- Council moved into a closed session to consider the confidential item “Chief Administrative Officer Performance Evaluation” under Section 17 and 19 of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Council moved back into the public session, with no resulting follow-up action.