Council Decisions: October 6, 2020
Tuesday, October 6, 2020
Here is a brief summary of the decisions of Rocky View County Council at the October 6, 2020 Council Meeting. This is a general overview of decisions only. Details of the agenda items can be found in the meeting’s agenda and details on the specifics of the decisions can be found in the minutes of this meeting, both on the Meetings & Hearings page. Details are also available by contacting the County’s Municipal Clerk’s Office.
- Council approved the Tax Revenue Sharing Agreement with the Village of Beiseker to support the improvement of operations, maintenance, and/or the expansion of the Beiseker Airport through the sharing of tax revenues collected by the County from lessees of the airport.
- Council received, for information, a report from Capital Project Management regarding Bearspaw stormwater management, including the challenges faced by both the County and residents, the methods used to respond to stormwater issues and flooding, as well as the work undertaken to address long-term stormwater management within the community.
- Council approved First Reading of Municipal Development Plan Bylaw C-8090-2020 that outlines the vision for Rocky View County, from a planning and development perspective, and provides direction for how and where the County will grow over the next 20 years.
- Council received, for information, an update on the 2020 Council Priorities and Significant Issues list, including all active, ongoing and pending priorities and initiatives to assist council on the status of business items.
- Council received, for information, several Councillor reports regarding recent municipal meetings, projects in the county, and community initiatives to assist council on the status of local priorities.
- Council approved the submission of several facility infrastructure projects eligible for funding within the COVID-19 Resilience Stream under the Government of Canada’s Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program (ICIP).
Planning and Development
- Division 7 – File: PL20200052 (06635006), Bylaw C-8058-2020, Redesignation Item: Agricultural, General District to Agricultural, Small Parcel District to facilitate the creation of a ± 50.00 acre parcel with a ± 52.96 acre remainder. Considered under the County Plan. Approved.
- Division 5 – File: PL20190149 (03332011), Bylaw C-8024-2020, Redesignation Item: Residential, Rural District to Industrial, Light District to accommodate RV storage and industrial uses. Considered under the City of Calgary/Rocky View County Intermunicipal Development Plan, the Janet Area Structure Plan, and in conjunction with File: PL20190148 (03332011) below. Council voted to table the application to allow the Applicant to align the request with the Canna Park Conceptual Scheme proposal.
- Division 5 – File: PL20190148 (03332011): To adopt the Schlichenmayer Master Site Development Plan to provide a policy framework to accommodate RV storage and industrial uses. Considered under the City of Calgary/Rocky View County Intermunicipal Development Plan, the Janet Area Structure Plan, and in conjunction with File: PL20190149 (03332011) above. Council voted to table the application to allow the Applicant to align the request with the Canna Park Conceptual Scheme proposal.
- Division 8 – File: PL20200093 (06605001/5002/5003/5004/5005), Bylaw 8082-2020: Industrial Redesignation to redesignate the subject lands from Agricultural, General to a new Direct Control District, to facilitate a gravel extraction operation. First Reading approved.
- Division 4 – File: PL20200096 (03311004), Bylaw C-8084-2020: Residential Redesignation to redesignate a portion of the subject land from Agricultural, General District to Residential, Rural District, to facilitate the creation of a ± 4.05 ha (10.0 acre) remainder. First Reading approved.
- Division 2 – File: PL20200090 (05707001/7240 to 7260/7267 to 7270/8082/8088), Bylaw C-8085-2020: Textual Amendments to DC-129 to adjust the Development Regulations for Village Residential 1 Development Cell, Village Residential 2 Development Cell, Village Core 1 Development Cell, Definition Section 10, and Schedule A and C. First Reading approved.
- Division 5 – File: PL20200074 (03230002), Bylaw C-8086-2020: Industrial Redesignation to redesignate the subject lands from Business, Agriculture District, and Agricultural, Small Parcel District to Direct Control District, for the creation of a recreational vehicle facility with 323 permanent sites and 10 short-term sites. First Reading approved.
- Division 4 – File: PL20200086 (03315002), Bylaw C-8087-2020: Industrial Redesignation to redesignate the subject lands from Agricultural, General District to Industrial, Heavy District, for the development of a hauling and landscaping business. First Reading approved.
- Division 2 – File: PL20200105 (04722001), Bylaw C-8091-2020: Amendment to DC-116 to allow for the development of a private school and associated recreational facilities. First Reading approved.
- Council moved into a closed session to consider the confidential item “Indus Gravel Pit” under Section 23 and 24 of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP). Council moved back into the public session, and directed Administration to accept the offer for the sale of Plan 5292JK Site A & B, as discussed in confidential report RVC2020-33.