Council Approves 2020 Master Rates
Wednesday, February 26, 2020
Rocky View County Council has voted to approve the 2020 Master Rates Bylaw that outlines the user fees charged for services.
The County charges user fees for services ranging from purchasing a bat box to a planning application to water utilities. Rocky View County does not profit from these fees, but seeks to recover full costs from the people who benefit from the services. Fee increases generally reflect inflation or other higher costs the County faces in providing the services.
For 2020, the vast majority of fees remain unchanged. Some areas have seen increases or decreases, most notably:
- Langdon sewer service fees, which increase by an average of $2 per month.
- Bragg Creek water fees, which increase by an average of $3 per month.
- Bragg Creek sewer fees, which increase by an average of $7 per month.
- East Rocky View non-residential sewer fees, which increase by an average of $10 per month.
- A new water service hook-up fee has been added for Wintergreen Woods.
- Road dust suppression application costs (in excess of current County service standards), which increase by 25%.
- A range of special event-related fees, which become free to non-profit organizations.
- Dog licensing, which remains free for 2020 but dogs must still be licensed.
The new fees come into effect on March 15, 2020. The full Master Rates Bylaw fee schedule will be made available on this website once it has been compiled.