Council Decisions: June 25, 2019
Friday, June 28, 2019
Here is a brief summary of the decisions of Rocky View County Council at the June 25, 2019 Council Meeting. This is a general overview of decisions only. Details of the agenda items can be found in the meeting’s agenda and details on the specifics of the decisions can be found in the minutes of this meeting, both on the Council Minutes & Archives page. Details are also available by contacting the County’s Municipal Clerk’s Office.
- Council received, for information, a presentation outlining the Agricultural Service Board’s annual report. The Board acts as an advisory body on matters related to weed and pest control, soil and water conservation, animal disease, agricultural sustainability and policy.
- Council granted an extension to July 23 for the County-Wide Recreation Model report.
- Council removed policy making matters from the Terms of Reference for the Governance and Priorities Committee, and returned the function to Council. The move ensures that all councillors can continue to perform their duties by voting and fully participating in discussions on policy matters. Council defeated a Motion Arising calling for the Minister of Municipal Affairs to conduct a municipal inspection on the County. Council approved a second Motion Arising rescinding the Terms of Reference for the Policy Review Sub-Committee.
- Council received, for information, a Capital Project Management Update quarterly report.
- Council received a report on an updated Procedure Bylaw, and referred it back to Administration for further amendments.
Planning and Development
- Division 1 – File PL20180020, Bylaw C-7795-2018, Road Closure: A portion of Plan 731 338 in Circle 5 Estates. First Reading was received on July 24, 2018. Approved.
- Council approved a Development Permit for the development of trail infrastructure for a non-motorized, recreational trail (Meadowlark Trail) located within the former CP Rail right-of-way between the town of Irricana and the village of Beiseker. This portion of trail is a segment of a longer-term project that establishes a network of trails throughout southern Alberta and beyond. Approved.
- Division 7 – File PL20180015 (06513005), Bylaw C-7888-2019, Re-designation Item: Direct Control District 150 to Business Highway Frontage, and Recreation Business District to Business – Highway Frontage. Considered under the Balzac West Area Structure Plan and the Calgary Metropolitan Region Board Interim Growth Plan. Council tabled the matter pending the applicant’s submission of a Conceptual Scheme.
- Division 2 – File PL20170170 (04717004/04717005), Bylaw C-7863-019, Conceptual Scheme Item: River Edge Conceptual Scheme, New County Residential Community. Considered under the Calgary Metropolitan Region Board Interim Growth Plan, the South Saskatchewan Regional Plan, the County Plan, and the Rocky View County / City of Calgary Intermunicipal Development Plan. This application is related to File PL20170171. Received First Reading. Additional readings will be considered after a number of outstanding matters are addressed by the applicant.
- Division 2 – File PL20170171 (04717004/04717005), Bylaw C-7864-2019, Re-Designation Item: Ranch and Farm District to Direct Control District. This application is related to File PL20170170. Received First Reading. Additional readings will be considered after a number of outstanding matters are addressed by the applicant.
- Division 9 – File PL20190041 (08909001), Bylaw C-7900-2019, Re-Designation Item: Ranch and Farm District to Agricultural Holdings District. Considered under the County Plan. Approved.
- Division 2 – File: PL20190020 (05705003/05708080/05708082/057 09002), Bylaw C-7884-2019, Re-Designation Item: Direct Control Bylaw amendments, Hamlet of Harmony. Considered under the Calgary Metropolitan Region Board Interim Growth Plan, the Harmony Conceptual Scheme, and the County Plan. Approved.
- Division 5 – File PL20180130 (1015-568), Bylaw C-7893-2019, Conceptual Scheme Item: Township Road 250 Transition Area. Considered under the Calgary Metropolitan Region Board Interim Growth Plan, the County Plan, and the Conrich Area Structure Plan. This application is related Bylaw C-7898-2019. Approved.
- Division 5 – File PL20180130 (1015-568), Bylaw C-7898-2019: Live-Work Overlay – Township Road 250 Conceptual Scheme. Considered under the Calgary Metropolitan Region Board Interim Growth Plan, the County Plan, and the Conrich Area Structure Plan. This application is related to Bylaw C-7893-2019. Approved.
- Division 2 – File PL20180155 (04721021), Subdivision Item: Single Lot Residential Subdivision. Considered under the Springbank Area Structure Plan. Approved by the Subdivision Authority.
- Division 4 – File PL20180108 (03223004), Subdivision Item: Langdon East Conceptual Scheme – Direct Control 97. Considered under the Langdon Area Structure Plan and the Langdon East Conceptual Scheme. Approved by the Subdivision Authority.
- Division 6 – File PL20190022 (09412003), Subdivision Item: First Parcel Out. Considered under the County Plan, the Land Use Bylaw and the Interim Growth Plan. Approved by the Subdivision Authority.
Council move into a closed session to consider the confidential item “Water and Wastewater Servicing at Cochrane Lakes” under Sections 24 and 25 of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and a confidential personnel matter under Sections 19 and 24. Council came out the In Camera session and directed Administration to continue negotiations with Horse Creek Water Services Inc. on the first matter. Discussions on the second matter will continue at a future Council Meeting.