Council Approves 2019 Budget Adjustments
Tuesday, April 9, 2019
Rocky View County Council has voted to approve $5,069,000 in funding for a number of special initiatives that will be added to the 2019 Base Capital and Operating Budget.
The approved items are:
- Increased funding for Family and Community Support Services which supports locally-driven preventative initiatives that enhance the well-being of individuals, families, and communities;
- A new water tender for the fire department;
- A new plow truck;
- Four bridge repair/replacement projects:
- Bridge on Township Road 252, north of Highway 1 near Jumping Pound Creek, southwest of Cochrane;
- Bridge on Range Road 263, north of Highway 9 over Crossfield Creek, north of Irricana;
- Bridge culvert on Range Road 265, south of Township Road 264, east of Keoma;
- Bridge culvert on Township Road 274, east of Range Road 282 over Crossfield Creek, east of Airdrie;
- Additional staff positions in Fire Services, Planning Services, Transportation, Fleet, Finance, Engineering, and the Municipal Clerk’s Office.
At the December 11, 2018 Council meeting, Council approved the 2019 County Base Capital and Operating Budget. As part of the budgeting process, before the final budget is determined, Council then considers and approves special initiatives to be incorporated into the base budget for the coming year.
With today’s approval of the requested adjustments, the County now proceeds with finalizing the 2019 Capital and Operating Budget and the 2019 tax rates. These will be brought forward for Council’s review and approval at a Council meeting later this month.
News & Updates