Council Decisions: April 9, 2019
Tuesday, April 9, 2019
Here is a brief summary of the decisions of Rocky View County Council at the April 9, 2019 Council Meeting. This is a general overview of decisions only. Details of the agenda items can be found in the meeting’s agenda, and details on the specifics of the decisions can be found in the minutes of this meeting, both on the Council Minutes & Archives page. Details are also available by contacting the County’s Municipal Clerk’s Office.
- Rocky View County Council has voted to approve funding for a number of special initiatives that will be added to the 2019 Base Capital and Operating Budget. The approved items are:
- Increase in Family and Community Support Services funding of $71,200
- A Fire Services Water Tender for $530,000
- A Plow Truck for $380,000
- Township Road 252 Bridge Rehabilitation (Division 1) for $400,000
- Range Road 263 Bridge Replacement (Division 6) for $1,292,000
- Range Road 265 Bridge Replacement (Division 6) for $666,000
- Township Road 274 Bridge Replacement (Division 6) for $666,000
- Staff Positions, including additional fire fighters, equipment operators, an apprentice mechanic, engineers, and a policy co-ordinator for $1,063,800
- Council set the minimum reserve bids for properties up for auction under the 2019 Tax Recovery Sale. Properties with more than three years of outstanding taxes will be offered for sale at public auction on April 26 unless outstanding taxes are paid by that date.
- Council responded to a request from Canada Post for further direction on converting County mailing addresses to proper municipal addresses by voting to make changing Rural Route addresses a priority.
- Council voted to waive $18,300 in subdivision fees for the Village of Beiseker Airport. The airport land is owned by the Village, but located in the County. Beiseker is looking to subdivide and sell the property.
- Council voted to grant $19,890 to the Langdon Softball Association to fund in-field upgrades and field maintenance, pending approved and proper agreements.
Planning & Development
- Division 9 – File PL20180148 (08817002), Bylaw C-7871-2019, Re-Designation Item: New or Distinct Agricultural Use, Ranch and Farm Two District to Ranch and Farm Three District. Considered under the County Plan. Approved.
- Division 8 – File PL20180101 (06606037), Subdivision Item: Single Residential Lot, Residential Two District. Considered under the Bearspaw Area Structure Plan. Approved by the Subdivision Authority.
- Division 4 – File PL20180146 (03322005), Subdivision Item: Additional Agricultural Holdings Lot. Considered under the County Plan and the Rocky View County/City of Calgary Inter-Municipal Development Plan. Approved by the Subdivision Authority.
- Division 2 – File PL20180131 (05714035), Subdivision Item: Residential One District. Considered under the Central Springbank Area Structure Plan. Approved by the Subdivision Authority.
- Council moved In Camera pursuant to Sections 16 and 24 of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act to consider a request from the Cochrane and District Agricultural Society. Council came out of the In Camera session with a motion to write the Society to communicate Council’s decision, and to keep the matter confidential.
- Council moved In Camera pursuant to Sections 21 and 24 of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act to have a confidential discussion on a recreation board matter. Council came out of the In Camera session without a motion or report.