Council Decisions: November 13, 2018
Tuesday, November 13, 2018
Here is a brief summary of the decisions of Rocky View County Council at the November 13, 2018 Council Meeting. This is a general overview of decisions only. Specific, official details can be found in this meeting’s agenda (see the Council Minutes and Archives page), or in the minutes of this meeting that will be printed in the next Council Meeting agenda. Details are also available by contacting the County’s Municipal Clerk’s Office.
- Council received a report on the County’s 2018 census. While the County’s official population remains at 39,407 from the 2016 Federal census, the County’s 2018 municipal census shows a population of 40,705. Council voted to send a letter to the Province of Alberta requesting the 2018 municipal census population numbers be considered as the County’s official population.
- Council voted to waive the standard waiting period for a development permit reapplication due to a change in ownership for the subject land of Division 1 application File PRDP20184056 (03904027).
Planning & Development
- Division 1 – File PL20180071 (03913059), Bylaw C-7829-2018, Redesignation Item: Hamlet Residential Single Family District to Hamlet Commercial District and to add Distillery as a site-specific use. Considered under the County Plan and the Greater Bragg Creek Area Structure Plan. Approved.
- Division 5 – File PL20180017 (04227009), Bylaw C-7812-2018, Redesignation Item: Agricultural Holdings District to Industrial – Industrial Activity District. Considered under the County Plan and the Municipal Government Act. Refused. In a Motion Arising, Council voted to waive future Development Permit application and appeal fees for a Home Based Business Type II on the property.
- Division 7 – File PL20170150 (06516014), Bylaw C-7727-2017, Conceptual Scheme: Calterra Estates Conceptual Scheme Amendment. Considered under the Rocky View County/City of Calgary Intermunicipal Development Plan, the County Plan, and the Calterra Estates Conceptual Scheme. Related to the item below. Approved.
- Division 7 – File PL20180091 (06516014), Bylaw C-7831-2018, Redesignation Item: Residential Two District to Residential One District. Considered under the Calterra Estates Conceptual Scheme. Related to the item above. Approved.
- Division 2 – File PL20180065 (04721021), Bylaw C-7806-2018, Redesignation Item: Residential Two District to Residential One District, Hillcrest Estates. Considered under the County Plan, the Central Springbank Area Structure Plan, and the Land Use Bylaw. Approved.
- Division 5 – File PL20170167 (04329188), Bylaw C-7784-2018, Redesignation Item: Ranch and Farm Three District to Agriculture Holdings District and Business – Industrial Campus District. Considered under the County Plan, the Conrich Area Structure Plan, and the Land Use Bylaw. Council tabled the discussion on this matter until the November 15 Council Meeting.
Planning & Development