Council Decisions: July 10, 2018
Tuesday, July 10, 2018
Here is a brief summary of the decisions of Rocky View County Council at the July 10, 2018 Council Meeting. This is a general overview of decisions only. Specific details can be found in this meeting’s agenda (see the Council Minutes and Archives page), or in the minutes of this meeting that will be printed in the next Council Meeting agenda. Details are also available by contacting the County’s Legislative and Legal Services department.
- Council was informed, in response to a Notice of Motion, that the County land currently occupied by the Cochrane and District Agricultural Society is not on a disposal list, and will not be sold unless a future Council Resolution is passed to do so. Council directed Administration to prepare a background report on the land and the County’s lease with the Agricultural Society. Council will then strike a committee to look at the long-term options for the property which, following annexation, is now located within the boundaries of the Town of Cochrane.
- Council authorized Administration to enter into a Master Servicing Agreement with the City of Calgary for wastewater services that the City currently provides, and new service to the Elbow Valley West development.
- Council directed Administration to begin developing public consultation activities for three proposed Off-Site Levy Bylaws: Regional Stormwater Off-Site Levy Bylaw C-7801-2018; Regional Water and Wastewater Off-Site Levy Bylaw C-7802-2018; and Regional Transportation Off-Site Levy Bylaw C-7805-2018.
- Council approved, through Bylaw, the acquisition of nine parcels of land in Bragg Creek that are needed for flood mitigation structures. The $15.6 million in required funding was provided by the Government of Alberta as part of the Bragg Creek Flood Mitigation Project.
- Council approved $250,000 to fund a stabilization procedure for 4.9 km of roadway along Township Road 242 west of Highway 22. Calcium chloride will be applied to strengthen and harden the unpaved road.
- Division 5 – File PL20180037 (03329002), Subdivision Item: Recreation Business District – Janet Area Structure Plan. Approved by the Subdivision Authority.