Council Decisions: June 12, 2018
Tuesday, June 12, 2018
Here is a brief summary of the decisions of Rocky View County Council at the June 12, 2018 Council Meeting. This is a general overview of decisions only. Specific details can be found in this meeting’s agenda (see the Council Minutes and Archives page), or in the minutes of this meeting that will be printed in the next Council Meeting agenda. Details are also available by contacting the County’s Legislative and Legal Services department.
Planning and Development
- Division 1 – File PL20170053 (03901008), Bylaw C-7787-2018, Re-designation Item: Residential Two District to Residential One District. Considered under the Greater Bragg Creek Area Structure Plan. Approved.
- Division 8 – File PL20170152 (06713017), Bylaw C-7789-2018, Re-designation Item: Residential Two District to Residential One District. Considered under the Bearspaw Area Structure Plan. Approved.
- Division 4 – File PL20150116 (03218008/8020/9019/9035), Bylaw C-7674-2017, Re-designation Item: Fragmented Country Residential – Agricultural Holdings District to Residential Two District. Considered under the County Plan. This item was tabled to a future date pending the provision of additional information.
- Council appointed Rick McDonald as interim County Manager.
- Council voted to cancel just over $2,900 in property taxes from 2016 and 2017 due to a fire loss that rendered a property uninhabitable.
- Division 8 – File 05736008 / 6030-100: Council voted that 0.08 acres of County-owned Municipal Reserve land at the southwest corner of Bearspaw Road and Burma Road be dedicated as a road allowance for enhancing the intersection safety in the future.
- All Divisions – File 6030-200: Council voted to sell 11 closed former road allowances to adjacent property owners as part of the County’s plan to dispose of non-viable surplus lands. Approximately $35,500 in revenue from the sale will be directed to the Tax Stabilization Reserve.
- Divisions 1, 2, 7, 8, 9: Council approved the Terms of Reference for the Bearspaw Reservoir Task Force. The task force feeds into the Bearspaw Tri-Lateral Task Force, which explores governance and management strategies for the Bearspaw Reservoir to address risks related to water quality.
- Division 9 – File PL20160018, Bylaw C-7745-2017: Council gave Second and Third (Final) Reading to a Road Closure and Consolidation of just under 6 acres of Road Allowance known as Range Road 45. The land will be sold to the adjacent landowner for approximately $14,000.
- Division 2 – File PL20180006 (05702033), Subdivision Item: Residential One District. Approved by the Subdivision Authority.