Council Decisions: May 8, 2018
Tuesday, May 8, 2018
Here is a brief summary of the decisions of Rocky View County Council at the May 8, 2018 Council Meeting. This is a general overview of decisions only. Specific details can be found in this meeting’s agenda (see the Council Minutes and Archives page), or in the minutes of this meeting that will be printed in the next Council Meeting agenda. Details are also available by contacting the County’s Legislative and Legal Services department.
- Council voted to advocate that the Calgary Metropolitan Region Board’s Interim Growth Plan accommodate the principles of Rocky View County’s County Plan municipal planning document.
Budget and Finance
- Council dealt with Borrowing Bylaws C-7771-2018 through C-7777-2018 to fund the capital projects included in the 2018 Budget.
- Council approved a budget adjustment of an additional $1.7 million for the Range Road 290 Subgrade Reconstruction Project, funded through the Federal Gas Tax Fund and the Base Municipal Transportation Grant.
- Council voted to allocate $283,700 to the County’s Specialized Transportation Grant Fund program. The Rocky View Regional Handibus Society will receive $273,700, with $5,000 for the Bragg Creek Snowbirds Seniors Fellowship Society, and $5,000 available for qualified individual applicants.
Planning & Development
- Division 4 – File PL20180001 (02336005), Bylaw C-7781-2018: Closure of an undeveloped road allowance to consolidate with adjacent property near the Hamlet of Indus. Received First Reading. Second and Third (Final) Readings will be considered if the application is approved by the Alberta Minister of Transportation.
- Division 9 – File PL20160003 (08916006), Bylaw C-7705-2017, Re-designation Item: Ranch & Farm District to Agricultural Holdings District. Approved.
- Division 3 – File PL20170186 (04711031), Bylaw C-7760-2018, Re-designation Item: Residential Two District to Residential One District. Approved.
- Division 3 – File PL20180005 (04702038), Bylaw C-7761-2018, Re-designation Item: Residential Two District to Residential One District. Approved/Refused.
- Division 9 – File PL20160091 (06834003/04): Second and Third (Final) Readings for Bylaw C-7718-2017, Area Structure Plan Amendment – Cochrane North Area Structure Plan. Related to the two items below. Approved.
- Division 9 – File PL20160092 (06834003/04): Second and Third (Final) Readings for Bylaw C-7719-2017, Conceptual Scheme Item – Cochrane North Conceptual Scheme. Related to the item above and below. Approved.
- Division 9 – File PL20160093 (06834003/04): Second and Third (Final) Readings for Bylaw C-7720-2017, Re-designation Item – Ranch and Farm District and Ranch and Farm* District to Direct Control District. Related to the two items above. Approved.
- Division 2 – File PL20170156 (05708082), Subdivision Item: Direct Control Bylaw (DC-129) – Harmony Conceptual Scheme, Stage 2 Neighbourhood Plan. Approved by the Subdivision Authority.
- Division 5 – File PL20170161 (04328021), Subdivision Item: Residential Two District – Conrich Road, subdivide subject land into three lots. Approved by the Subdivision Authroity.
- Division 6 – File PL20170182 (06224003/06/07), Subdivision Item: Boundary Adjustment to create four lots from three parcels. Approved by the Subdivision Authority.