Council Decisions: April 10, 2018
Thursday, April 19, 2018
Here is a brief summary of the decisions of Rocky View County Council at the April 10, 2018 Council Meeting. This is a general overview of decisions only. Specific details can be found in this meeting’s agenda (see the Council Minutes and Archives page), or in the minutes of this meeting that will be printed in the next Council Meeting agenda. Details are also available by contacting the County’s Legislative and Legal Services department.
Budget and Finance
- Council set the reserve bids for five properties that have been in tax arrears for three years. If unpaid property taxes have not been paid in full on the properties by April 20, they will be offered for sale at a public auction.
- Council received the 2017 annual report from the County’s Agricultural Services Board for information.
- All Divisions – File 0160, Bylaw C-7778-2018, Assessment Review Boards: In keeping with requirements of the Alberta Municipal Government Act, Council voted to update the Assessment Review Board Bylaw and to appoint County resident Ken Sawatzky as Board Chair.
Planning & Development
- All Divisions – File 1014-825, Bylaw C-7762-2018 and Bylaw C-7763-2018, County Plan and Land Use Bylaw Amendments: Changes to the process for approving First Parcel Out applications. Approved.
- Division 8 – File PL20150134 (05632020), Bylaw C-7668-2017, Re-designation Item: Residential One District to Public Services District. Related to the item below. Refused.
- Division 8 – File PL20150086 (05632020), Master Site Development Plan: Centre for religious assembly and community services. Approval or refusal was not necessary due to the refusal of the re-designation item.
- Division 7 – File PL20170188 (07723008), Subdivision Item: Ranch and
- Farm Three District and Residential Three District. Approved by the Subdivision Authority.