Council Decisions: March 13, 2018
Tuesday, March 13, 2018
Here is a brief summary of the decisions of Rocky View County Council at the March 13, 2018 Council Meeting. This is a general overview of decisions only. Specific details can be found in this meeting’s agenda (see the Council Minutes and Archives page), or in the minutes of this meeting that will be printed in the next Council Meeting agenda. Details are also available by contacting the County’s Legislative and Legal Services department.
Council approved carrying forward the budgets for 70 projects from the 2017 fiscal year to the 2018 fiscal year. Most of the $20 million in carry forwards represent multi-year capital projects, such as flood mitigation initiatives in Bragg Creek. These carry-forwards are funded, and do not draw from 2018 property taxes.
Under the Municipal Government Act, Council may add amounts to a parcel of land’s tax roll to cover the unpaid expenses and costs of an action or measure taken to remedy a contravention. Council approved three such actions:
- Division 4 – File: 3000-300, Tax Roll: 03305002: The Court of Queen’s Bench found the property owner to be in contravention of the Land Use Bylaw by operating a Home-Based Business, Type II that is commercial in nature without having obtained the necessary Development Permit. Just over $9,820 will be added to the tax roll.
- Division 5 – File: 3000-300, Tax Roll 04227012: The Court of Queen’s Bench found the property owners to be in contravention of the Land Use Bylaw by failing to meet the prior-to-issuance conditions of a Development Permit, operating outside of a Development Permit, and the outside storage of commercial vehicles, RVs, and boats. Just over $7,180 will be added to the tax roll.
- Division 2 – File: 3000-300, Tax Roll 04727012: The Court of Queen’s Bench found the property owners to be in contravention of the Land Use Bylaw by operating a Home Based Business, Type II for a landscaping company without obtaining the necessary Development Permit as well as failing to obtain the required permits for the accessory buildings placed or constructed on the lands. Just over $3,930 will be added to the tax roll.
Planning & Development
- Division 9 – File PL20170108 (06823011), Bylaw C-7758-2018, Re-designation Item: Agricultural Holdings District to Residential Two District (Within the Cochrane North Area Structure Plan). Council voted to require the applicant to return with a Conceptual Scheme, as required under the Area Structure Plan.
- Division 7 – File PRDP20172186 (06635004), Development Permit: Direct Control District 100 (DC-100) Cell B permitting of two existing accessory buildings (tents). Approved.
- Division 5 – File PL20180002 (04213004), Subdivision Item: Agricultural Holdings District. Approved by the Subdivision Authority.