Council Decisions: October 10, 2017
Wednesday, October 11, 2017
Here is a brief summary of the decisions of Rocky View County Council at the October 10, 2017 Council Meeting. This is a general overview of decisions only. Specific details can be found in this meeting’s agenda (see the Council Minutes and Archives page), and the minutes of this meeting that will be printed in the next Council Meeting agenda. Details are also available by contacting the County’s Legislative and Legal Services department.
- Division 9 – File PL20170093 (06812036), Residential Two District: Big Hill Road. Approved (Subdivision Authority).
- Division 4 – File PL20170105 (03214186/03214187/03214003), Residential Subdivision: Langdon; Boulder Creek Subdivision. Approved (Subdivision Authority).
- Division 8 – File PL20160105 (05632031), Residential Subdivision: Burma Road. Approved (Subdivision Authority).
- Division 3 – File PL20160122 (04605018/21/22/20), Boundary Adjustment: Elbow Valley. Approved (Subdivision Authority).
- Division 5 – File 5020-325, Bylaw C-7721-2017: Carmek Combined Water, Wastewater and Storm Services Bylaw and Carmek Business Park General Utilities Franchise Agreement. Approved.
- Council passed Bylaw 7731-2017 to allow the ability to authorize Appeal and Review Panels to continue to hear ongoing appeals past the scheduled end of their mandate in order to avoid the need to restart the process. Council granted such an extension for one current appeal.
- Division 7 – File PL20140125 (07507003): Consideration of a revised Master Site Development Plan for Eco Park Development. Approved.
- Division 1 – File PRDP20171399 (04912004), Development Permit Item: Direct Control District 155 (C-7612-2016) – Film Production Facility. Approved for a limited time frame.
- All Divisions – File 5000-100: Co-operative Storm Water Management Initiative (CSMI) – Authorization for Master Storm Water Agreement Execution. Approved.
- Division 1 – File 0160: Policy & Planning Committee recommendations for West Bragg Creek Emergency Access. Approved.
- Division 7 – File PL20170074 (07505005), Bylaw C-7703-2017, Re-designation Item: New or Distinct Agricultural Operation – Ranch and Farm District to Agricultural Holdings District. Approved.
- Division 6 – File PL20170024 (08112001), Bylaw C-7712-2017, Re-designation Item: Ranch and Farm District to Business -Highway Frontage District and Commercial - Point Commercial District, adjacent to the Village of Beiseker. Approved.
- Division 5 – File PL20170051 (03332003), Bylaw C-7699-2017, Re-designation Item: Site-specific amendment to Direct Control Bylaw 153 – Carmek (formally known as Emcor) Business Park. Approved.
- Division 1 – File PL20170140 (03913002), Bylaw C-7716-2017, Re-designation Item: Land Use Bylaw Amendment – Distillery in Bragg Creek. Approved.
- Division 1 – File PL20170055 (03913077), Bylaw C-7701-2017, Re-designation Item: Hamlet Single Family Residential District to Hamlet Commercial District – Brewery/hotel/restaurant complex in Bragg Creek. Approved.
- All Divisions – File 1014-285, Bylaw C-7706-2017 and Bylaw C-7707-2017: County Plan and Land Use Bylaw Amendments – First Parcel Out Process Change. Received Second Reading. Third (Final) Reading will be considered by the new Council at a future date.