Council Decisions: March 28, 2017
Tuesday, March 28, 2017
Here is a brief summary of the decisions of Rocky View County Council at the March 28, 2017 Council Meeting. This is an overview only—specific details are available on the Council Minutes and Archives page or by contacting the County’s Legislative and Legal Services department.
Council voted to add these special projects and new initiatives to the 2017 Base Budget (approved in December 2016). The base budget plus these additions form the full 2017 Rocky View County Budget, which goes to Council for final approval in April.
- Replace the bridge on Range Road 265 over Serviceberry Creek: $1,350,000
- Replace the bridge on Range Road 270 over Serviceberry Creek: $1,100,000
- Replace the bridge on Township Road 284 over Dogpound Creek: $1,600,000
- Relocate/rebuild the Garden of Peace Cemetery Pump House to deal with flooding issues: $88,800
- Add a new Community Peace Officer position with related expenses: $96,700
- Add a Financial Analyst position: $44,800
- Donate to the STARS Air Ambulance: $79,500
- Add an Administrative Co-ordinator position to Fire Services: $25,200
- Add a new District Fire Chief position: $72,000
- Add a new Geographic Information System Technologist position: $12,600
- Build a new pedestrian bridge and pathway in Langdon: $100,500
- Upgrade the Lasso Trail in the Bearspaw area to enhance public safety: $49,200
- Conduct a pathway study in Division 1, 2, and 3 (southwest Rocky View County) to enhance future planning and decision making: $82,500
- Conduct a pathway study in Division 4 (Langdon area) to enhance future planning and decision making: $82,500
- Add a new Development Assistant position to enhance service: $34,800
- Add a new Volunteer Co-ordinator position to the County’s Recreation and Community Services department: $50,400
- Upgrade the computer network systems at two utility sites: $56,000 for software and design, $277,000 for hardware
- Add a new Strategy and Customer Service Lead position to the Utility Services department: $56,000
- Division 1 – File 2025-350, Bylaw C-7660-2017, Local Improvement Tax for Non-Residential Parcels: Council voted to authorize a local improvement tax for non-residential parcels that benefit from the Bragg Creek water and wastewater systems.
- Division 1 – File 2025-350, Bylaw C-7659-2017, Local Improvement Tax for Residential Parcels: Council voted to authorize a local improvement tax for residential parcels that benefit from the Bragg Creek water and wastewater systems.
- Division 4 – File 2025-350, Bylaw C-7656-2017, Langdon Special Tax Rate: Council voted to raise $84,600 in 2017 through a special tax on the Langdon property tax base, to be used for recreation projects within the hamlet.
Planning & Development
- Division 4 – File PL20170007 (03222119), Bylaw C-7644-2017, Re-designation Item: Site-specific amendment to Direct Control Bylaw 64 to allow a Child Care Facility and School or College, Commercial. Approved.
- Subdivision Authority: Division 2 – File PL20160079 (05710005), Subdivision Item: Residential One District (R-1). Approved.
- Subdivision Authority: Division 7 – File PL20160134 (07518001), Subdivision Item: Agricultural Holdings District and Ranch and Farm District. Approved.